In the world of technology and software, applications have been trusted since times immemorial. Since Microsoft is one of the most reliable companies providing packages at affordable rates, all three variants are widely purchased.
- Microsoft 365 Business Essentials is a cloud-based subscription plan offering essential services like email, cloud storage, and collaboration tools. At the same time, Microsoft 365 Business Premium adds advanced security features and desktop app access.
- Business Premium subscribers can access the full suite of Microsoft Office applications for installation on multiple devices, while Business Essentials users can only access web-based versions.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium has a higher price point than Business Essentials, reflecting the additional features and services.
Microsoft Business Essentials vs Microsoft Business Premium
Microsoft Business Essentials is the old version of Microsoft Business that is suitable for finance management and those desktop jobs. Microsoft Business Premium is a package from Microsoft that includes features of Business and Essentials. It is suitable for online jobs and cloud computing.
It allows users to access the necessary features without joining the online database.
It is adequate for advanced cloud computing services, thanks to four dedicated applications included for the same purpose.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Microsoft Business Essentials
|Microsoft Business Premium
|Microsoft Business Essentials incorporates the online versions of the basic components, including video conferencing and email facilities.
|Microsoft Business Premium is the integrated version of Microsoft which includes the respective functions of Business and Essentials.
|Mode of Work
|Office online is used in Essentials.
|Premium features easily access online work.
|One Drive is available for all cloud computing features related to Microsoft Business Essentials.
|The Premium version has added benefits of Teams, Exchange, and SharePoint.
|It is compatible with PC and Macs only.
|It is compatible with Macs, PC, phones, and tablets.
|Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are the applications included in the Essentials package.
|The Premium package also supports the web versions of compatible applications.
What is Microsoft Business Essentials?
Microsoft Business Essentials is the older version of Microsoft Business that suits people who have desktop jobs. This package fuels finance management for jobs like accountants and financial analysts.
It is quite easy to download several additional languages so that regional linguistic barriers do not hamper the work. Further, customizations help in installing other supportive software too.
As the name suggests, Microsoft Business Essentials includes all the essential components of a Microsoft package and is budget-friendly too. The web support is also apt enough to solve some recurrent glitches.
What is Microsoft Business Premium?
Microsoft Business Premium is best suited for cloud computing and online jobs. Scheduling and planning are much easier than in the older versions. One can even book and manage appointments using this package.
Microsoft Business Premium has the basic requirement of an email address. Monthly updates are available for the frequent addition of necessary features. The bug fixes are equally helpful for the efficient management of work.
The provision of SharePoint also sparked users’ interest at a large scale since intranet facilities became accessible in no time. The premium has made no other change to the user count, and it is still fixed at 300.
Main Differences Between Microsoft Business Essentials And Microsoft Business Premium
- Microsoft Business Essentials works well on personal computers and MacBooks. In addition, Premium also allows users to access functions on mobile phones and tablets.
- Microsoft Business Essentials has applications like MS Word, PowePoint, etc. On the other hand, Premium only supports the web versions of these applications (including cloud computing services).
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.