Pokemon Black vs Pokemon White
Pokémon, the most adorable and well-known pocket monster in the Nintendo video game series, is the second best-selling game franchise that consists of plenty of versions to entertain the devoted admirers of the animated TV series as well as the game. The Pokémon Black Version and PokémonWhite version are Nintendo DS role-playing video games with adventure elements presented in a third-person viewpoint that was issued by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company, developed by Game Freak and was likewise the first core series in Generation V of the Pokémon video games.
In September 2010, these role-playing video game series were initially launched in Japan and by January, 2011, became the quickest DS title to sell around 5 million copies. In March 2011, countries like Europe, the United States, and Australia soon followed suit and by September 2017, total sales had amounted to 15.64 million. However, despite making a lot of sales and becoming one of the top-selling Nintendo DS video games, these games were still surpassed by their forerunners, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
Even though the fifth installment of the Pokémon series has similar game features like the previous installments, the Pokémon Black andWhite version has some additional adjustments in their gameplay. In this installment, 156 new Pokémons have been introduced to the franchise, making it a total of 649 Pokémons in all, which is necessary to complete the games’ Pokédex.
The difference between Pokémon Black and Pokémon White is that the Black City, as well as the legendary mascot Reshiram (a white fire-type dragon with the skill Turboblaze), is exclusively present only in the Black version of the Nintendo DS fifth-generation Pokémon video game series whereas the White Forest as well as the legendary mascot Zekrom (a deep black electric-type dragon with the skill Teravolt) exclusively features only in the Pokémon White version.
Comparison Table Between Pokémon Black and Pokémon White (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of comparison||Pokémon Black||Pokémon White|
|Location||Pokémon Black version is located in the Black City.||Pokémon White version is located in the White Forest.|
|Battles||The Pokémon Black version focuses its attention on rotation battles||The Pokémon White version focuses its attention on the triple battles.|
|Gym leader||The gym leader in the Pokémon Black version is Drayden.||The gym leader in the Pokémon White version is Iris.|
|Legendary mascot Pokémon||In the Pokémon Black version, Reshiram is the legendary mascot Pokémon.||In the Pokémon White version, Zekrom is the legendary mascot Pokémon.|
|Pokémon||There are 20 Pokémons in the Black version and the Black version includes more trainers when compared to the White version.||There are 32 Pokémons in the White version as compared to the Pokémon Black version.|
What is Pokémon Black?
Pokémon Black is a video game that was created for the Nintendo DS by the Pokémon Company and Nintendo and was developed by Game Freak. The video game was first released on 18th September, 2010. In Pokémon Black, the location of the game is in the Black City.
The mascot of Pokémon Black is the legendary Reshiram. Reshiram, the dragon-type Pokémon, has a glass-like ring bands around its neck, blue eyes, a voluminous white mane, arms with four claws, long feather-like protrusions, and jet engine-like tail. Reshiram is the Pokémon Black version that has the power of Cross flame and Turboblaze. Pokémon Black has numerous tasks to accomplish as compared to Pokémon White.
Pokémon Black also allows gamers to encounter a lot of trainers which in turn increases their experience. In Pokémon Black, the gamers get the light stone. Pokémon Black has a total of eight gym leaders that the gamers must defeat to battle the Elite Four and the 8th gym leader in the Pokémon Black version is Drayden.
In Pokémon Black, the Opelucid City and the Mistralton City is modernized as compared to Pokémon White. The various Pokémons in the Black version includes Beedrill, Gothitelle, Cottonee, Houndoom, Plusle, Weedle, Vullaby, Whimiscott, and so on.
What is Pokémon White?
Pokémon White is a Nintendo DS game that was created by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo and was established by Game Freak. The video game was first launched in Japan on September 18th, 2010. In Pokémon White, the location of the game is at the White forest. The White Forest has many trainers, tasks, and different Pokémons which pose a challenge for the gamers and are not available in the Pokémon Black version.
The mascot of Pokémon White is the legendary Zekrom. Zekrom is a legendary dragon/electric-type Pokémon which is black, has red eyes, is three-clawed, has a generator-like tail, and dark patches. In the Pokémon White Version, Zekrom has the power of Teravolt and the Cross thunder.
In the Pokémon White Version, the gamers get the dark stone. Pokémon White has eight gym leaders that the gamers must defeat and the 8th gym leader is Iris. The Pokémon White consists of more Pokémons than trainers to be captured by the gamers. The Pokémon White focuses on the triple battle. In Pokémon White the Opelucid City and the Mistralton City are ancient. There are 32 Pokémons in the White version and some of them include Bellsprout, Parasect, Gastly, Porygon, Wurmple, Ralts, Wooper, Azurill, Hoppip, Bagon, etc.
Main Differences Between Pokemon Black and Pokemon White
- The Black version of Pokémon is exclusively located in the Black City. The Black City is dark and consists of many trainers waiting to be battled. The White version of Pokémon is exclusively located in the White forest. The White Forest has grasslands, tall trees, and water surfaces.
- The Pokémon Black version mainly deals with rotation battles which consist of three Pokémon and only one can attack at a time. The Pokémon White version mainly deals with triple battles which consist of six Pokémon where three Pokémon can battle from each side.
- Drayden is the gym leader of Opelucid City and gives the legend badge to trainers in the Pokémon Black version. Iris is the gym leader of Opelucid City and gives the legend badge to trainers in the Pokémon White version.
- The legendary Pokémon in the Pokémon Black version is Reshiram. Reshiram is a fire type dragon and is the mascot in the Black version. The legendary Pokémon in the Pokémon White version is Zekrom. Zekrom is an electric type dragon and is the mascot in the White version.
- The Black version of Pokémon consists of 20 Pokémons and they include Reshiram, Mandibuzz, Tornadus, Weedle, Beedrill, Murkrow, Houndoom, Cottonee, Volbeat, Kakuna, Whimiscott, Gothorita, Vullaby, Shroomish, Houndour, Plusle, Breloom, Gothita, Honchkrow, and Gothitelle. The White version of Pokémon consists of 32 Pokémons and they include Zekrom, Butterfree, Paras, Caterpie, Parasect, Metapod, Rufflet, Reuiniclus, Lilligant, Solosis, Duosion, Togepi, Illumise, Mightyena, Misdreavus, Petilil, Oddish, Poochyena, Abra, Trapinch, Slakoth, Wurmple, Mismaguis, Seedot, Magby, Budew, Nidoran♀, Thundurus, Gastly, Ralts, Braviary, Elekid, Corphish, Pidgey, Nidoran♂, Shinx, Hoppip, Machop, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Happiny, Rhyhorn, Porygon, Aron, Mareep, Surskit, Wooper, Whismur, Azurill, Starly, Lotad, and Bagon.
Despite because these games were undervalued at the time of their first debut, Pokémon Black and Pokémon White have been sensational, almost-perfect video games that were admired by many over the years.
Throughout history, to achieve more profits out of their sales, Nintendo always launched two versions of the same Pokémon game in pairs, just like they did in the Black and White versions. These pairs would be interdependent to one another by including identical in-game episodes and storylines.
The sole prime dissimilarity between these pairs would be the exclusive Pokémon which can only be found in one version of the game and not in the other version. Additionally, the renowned Pokémon game mascot for each version would not be the same. These little dissimilarities would tempt gamers to buy both the Pokémon versions to obtain the complete Pokémon Pokédex for that specific generation. However, this complication can be removed by exchanging Pokémon with other gamers worldwide, to have the version exclusive Pokémon.
Following their release, Pokémon Black and White games experienced quite a lot of mixed reactions. While most critics admired and complimented the improvements in game-play, some critics felt that the game did not develop nearly as well as they looked forward to whereas some analysts were divided by the issue of some of the Pokémon designs and character designs. Even so, the Pokémon Black and White video games were an economical success and the highest-selling Nintendo Ds titles to sell over eleven million copies globally.
Word Cloud for Difference Between Pokémon Black and Pokémon White
The following is a collection of the most used terms in this article on Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. This should help in recalling related terms as used in this article at a later stage for you.