Pokémon, the most adorable and well-known pocket monster in the Nintendo video game series, is the second best-selling game franchise that consists of plenty of versions to entertain the devoted admirers of the animated TV series as well as the game. The Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White version are Nintendo DS role-playing video games with adventure elements presented in a third-person viewpoint that was issued by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company, developed by Game Freak and was likewise the first core series in Generation V of the Pokémon video games.
Table of Contents
Pokémon Black vs Pokémon White
The difference between Pokémon Black and Pokémon White is that the Black City, as well as the legendary mascot Reshiram (a white fire-type dragon with the skill Turboblaze), is exclusively present only in the Black version of the Nintendo DS fifth-generation Pokémon video game series whereas the White Forest as well as the legendary mascot Zekrom (a deep black electric-type dragon with the skill Teravolt) exclusively features only in the Pokémon White version.
Even though the fifth installment of the Pokémon series has similar game features like the previous installments, the Pokémon Black and White version has some additional adjustments in their gameplay. In this installment, 156 new Pokémons have been introduced to the franchise, making it a total of 649 Pokémons in all, which is necessary to complete the games’ Pokédex.
|Parameter of comparison||Pokémon Black||Pokémon White|
|Location||Pokémon Black version is located in the Black City.||Pokémon White version is located in the White Forest.|
|Battles||The Pokémon Black version focuses its attention on rotation battles||The Pokémon White version focuses its attention on the triple battles.|
|Gym leader||The gym leader in the Pokémon Black version is Drayden.||The gym leader in the Pokémon White version is Iris.|
|Legendary mascot Pokémon||In the Pokémon Black version, Reshiram is the legendary mascot Pokémon.||In the Pokémon White version, Zekrom is the legendary mascot Pokémon.|
|Pokémon||There are 20 Pokémons in the Black version and the Black version includes more trainers when compared to the White version.||There are 32 Pokémons in the White version as compared to the Pokémon Black version.|
What is Pokémon Black?
Pokémon Black is a video game that was created for the Nintendo DS by the Pokémon Company and Nintendo and was developed by Game Freak. The video game was first released on 18th September, 2010.
The mascot of Pokémon Black is the legendary Reshiram. Reshiram, the dragon-type Pokémon, has a glass-like ring bands around its neck, blue eyes, a voluminous white mane, arms with four claws, long feather-like protrusions, and jet engine-like tail.
Pokémon Black also allows gamers to encounter a lot of trainers which in turn increases their experience. In Pokémon Black, the gamers get the light stone.
In Pokémon Black, the Opelucid City and the Mistralton City is modernized as compared to Pokémon White. The various Pokémons in the Black version includes Beedrill, Gothitelle, Cottonee, Houndoom, Plusle, Weedle, Vullaby, Whimiscott, and so on.
What is Pokémon White?
Pokémon White is a Nintendo DS game that was created by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo and was established by Game Freak. The video game was first launched in Japan on September 18th, 2010. In Pokémon White, the location of the game is at the White forest.
The mascot of Pokémon White is the legendary Zekrom. Zekrom is a legendary dragon/electric-type Pokémon which is black, has red eyes, is three-clawed, has a generator-like tail, and dark patches.
In the Pokémon White Version, the gamers get the dark stone. Pokémon White has eight gym leaders that the gamers must defeat and the 8th gym leader is Iris.
Main Differences Between Pokemon Black and Pokemon White
- The Black version of Pokémon is exclusively located in the Black City. The Black City is dark and consists of many trainers waiting to be battled.
- The Pokémon Black version mainly deals with rotation battles which consist of three Pokémon and only one can attack at a time. The Pokémon White version mainly deals with triple battles which consist of six Pokémon where three Pokémon can battle from each side.
- Drayden is the gym leader of Opelucid City and gives the legend badge to trainers in the Pokémon Black version. Iris is the gym leader of Opelucid City and gives the legend badge to trainers in the Pokémon White version.
- The legendary Pokémon in the Pokémon Black version is Reshiram. Reshiram is a fire type dragon and is the mascot in the Black version. The legendary Pokémon in the Pokémon White version is Zekrom.
- The Black version of Pokémon consists of 20 Pokémons and they include Reshiram, Mandibuzz, Tornadus, Weedle, Beedrill, Murkrow, Houndoom, Cottonee, Volbeat, Kakuna, Whimiscott, Gothorita, Vullaby, Shroomish, Houndour, Plusle, Breloom, Gothita, Honchkrow, and Gothitelle. The White version of Pokémon consists of 32 Pokémons and they include Zekrom, Butterfree, Paras, Caterpie, Parasect, Metapod, Rufflet, Reuiniclus, Lilligant, Solosis, Duosion, Togepi, Illumise, Mightyena, Misdreavus, Petilil, Oddish, Poochyena, Abra, Trapinch, Slakoth, Wurmple, Mismaguis, Seedot, Magby, Budew, Nidoran♀, Thundurus, Gastly, Ralts, Braviary, Elekid, Corphish, Pidgey, Nidoran♂, Shinx, Hoppip, Machop, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Happiny, Rhyhorn, Porygon, Aron, Mareep, Surskit, Wooper, Whismur, Azurill, Starly, Lotad, and Bagon.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️