Table and chart are two common ways of representing the given data to have a broad understanding and better analysis. These two are used in almost all fields of study and are of utmost importance for some professions. The table is the way of presenting data in the form of rows and columns and a chart is a way of presenting data in varied forms to make it comprehensible.
Tables mainly consist of the rows and columns where data is presented with the help of detailed text whereas charts make use of minimum data to explain the concept. Tables are usually the formal structures used for data analysis whereas charts are used to explain concepts in detail.
Table vs Chart
The difference between table and chart is that table displays data in the form of row and columns whereas chart is the graphical representation of data in varied forms. Charts can be of different types such as pie charts, flow charts, line charts, etc.
This should be noted that tables represent the data whereas charts help to explain the larger concepts and the data in an easier way.
Comparison Table Between Table and Chart (in Tabular Form)
|Parameters of comparison||Table||Chart|
|Definition||A table is a method of representing data in the form of row and columns to get a quick overview of data.||A chart is a method of representing data in varied forms to a comprehensible understanding of concepts.|
|Use of symbols||A table doesn’t make use of symbols because it depicts the details of the data in a formal structure.||A chart makes use of different symbols such as slices, lines, bars, etc to depict the concepts in a better way.|
|Representation||The content is represented in the form of rows and columns. It is predominantly used to present data in the form of numbers, quantities, names, etc.||The content is presented in the form of pie charts, flowcharts, line charts, bars, etc to explain the larger concepts of the data that is presented. It is used to make data understandable.|
|Uses||The table is used to make data brief and quick to overview.||Charts make the given data or the concept comprehensible.|
|Types||The table doesn’t have different forms. It is a simple representation in the form of rows and columns.||Charts can be of different types such as pie charts, bar charts, line charts, flow charts, etc.|
What is Table?
A table is a method of presenting data in the form of rows and columns. It is mostly used as per the convenience to make the data apprehensible and brief. The detailed data can be organized in the structured form to make it quick for an overview.
While representing data in the form of table text and symbols are not of the primary importance. It is used to present data such as numbers, names, addresses, quantities, etc.
Some of the key aspects of a table are as follows:
- Tables are the most common way of present data in various fields such as research, experiments, formal settings, etc.
- They are used to scale down the large collection of data into an organized and structured form.
- Tables make use of the rows and columns to make the details comprehensible.
- Some of the examples of the tables that we witness around us every day are the periodic table of elements, table of contents, table of calculation, etc.
What is Chart?
A chart is the graphical representation of the data with the help of text and symbols to make the concepts clear. Charts are used in various fields of study to make the data organized. It gives a detailed analysis and a clear understanding of the data presented.
Charts are of different types such as pie charts, flowcharts, line charts, etc. Charts are used to develop a relationship with the data presented. At times they are used to compare and contrast different things.
Some of the key aspects of a chart are as follows:
- The chart makes use of the symbols to present data.
- They are used to make the given data comprehensible by developing a relationship between the set of concepts.
- The chart provides an understanding of the given information with the help of illustrations
Main Differences Between Table and Chart
- The table is the representation of the given data in the form of rows and columns whereas charts represent data in different structures.
- The table doesn’t use symbols to present data whereas charts use symbols to present data for better understanding.
- Charts are of different types such as pie charts, flow charts, etc whereas the table uses the same structure of rows and columns everywhere.
- The table is used in various fields formally to provide a brief account out of the large collection of data whereas cart is used to explain concepts in an elaborate manner.
- The basic content that is used in the table is that of quantities, numbers, names, etc whereas charts are used to develop ad represent relationships among the data.
Table and chart are two ways of depicting different kinds of data. The table is used to provide an organized and brief understanding of the data whereas the chart is used to present the relationship among the contents of the data. The chart gives an elaborate analysis of the content that can help to develop comprehensible understanding.
The table is used rows and columns to depict data whereas the chart can be of different forms. Tables that we come across in our daily routine are the table of contents, periodic table of elements, table of names, etc whereas some of the common charts are pie chart, flow chart, line chart, etc
The table doesn’t make use of symbols whereas pie charts use significant symbols to explain the context in a better way.