The Elites, created by Mahnke and Kelly, originally appeared in Action Comics #775 in March of 2001. Superman, unlike the Elite, is a “one-man army” character.
It is well known for its self-help moniker, “Superman.” Some of the Elite’s talents can be examined by looking at the individual powers of some of the group’s most prominent members.
Manchester Black is a telekinetic vigilante, Vera Black is a psionic cyborg, and Coldcast is known for manipulating physical lifespan, magnetism, and strength.
The Hat, too, may breathe fire and gauge invulnerability.
- The Elite are a team of antiheroes with a ruthless approach to crime-fighting.
- Superman is a singular hero who upholds justice and moral values.
- Their contrasting ideologies highlight the debate over the use of power and the responsibility of superheroes.
Elite vs Superman
The term elite is used to describe a group of people who hold a high position or status in society due to their wealth, power, education, or other factors. The term superman describes a person who is above the limitations of conventional morality and has achieved a higher level of existence.
The Elite is a group of characters with diverse abilities to overcome problems. Menagerie, The Hat, Manchester Black, and Coldcast are just a few of the Elites’ well-known names.
To wipe out the adversaries, the Elites believe in handing straight death sentences to innocent individuals and rogue forces in society.
They do not, however, follow any laws and are infamous for destroying lives and property.
Superman follows all of the laws and regulations that have been set on him. He is unable to break certain laws and is meant to protect civilians and eliminate society’s harsh adversaries.
Superman does not execute his foes, instead of relying on the legal system. He pursues his adversaries and eventually places them behind the jars.
Superman’s abilities and powers include speed, durability, and longevity.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Joe Kelly, Dough Mahnke
|Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster
|March 2001 in #775 Action Comics
|1938 as #1 in Action Comics
|Composition of various characters
|Are not abide by laws.
|Strictly abide by laws.
|Gives Death punishment.
|I prefer serving justice and sending jail.
What is the Elite?
The Elite groups were created by none other than Dough Mahnke, who, with the support of his friend Joe Kelly, made them a big success.
The Elites, created by Mahnke and Kelly, originally appeared in March of 2001 in Action Comics #775 for the first time. The Elite is a group of characters with varying abilities to overcome problems.
Menagerie, The Hat, Manchester Black, and Coldcast are some of the most well-known Elites.
The Elites believe in handing straight death sentences to innocent people and rogue forces in society to eliminate adversaries.
They do not, however, follow any rules and have a history of destroying lives and property.
Some of the Elite’s skills can be researched by looking at the individual powers of some of the group’s more well-known members.
Manchester Black has the power to be a telekinetic vigilante, Vera Black can be a psychic cyborg, and Coldcast is known for his abilities to alter physical longevity, magnetism, and strength.
Similarly, The Hat can breathe fire and can measure invulnerability.
What is Superman?
Superman was conceived by Joe Shuster, an illustrator, with the help of Jerry Siegel, a writer, and became a big success.
Superman has been around since 1938, when he first appeared in Action Comics #1, a long time before Elites. Superman, unlike the Elite, is a “one-man-army” character.
It is only known by the self-help moniker “Superman.”
All of Superman’s actions are carried out by the laws and restrictions that have been set on him. He is unable to break some laws and is destined to safeguard civilians and eliminate society’s harsh adversaries.
Superman does not execute his foes, instead relying on the legal system to do so. He brings the villains to justice and imprisons them in the jars.
Some of Superman’s abilities and powers are speed, durability, and longevity.
He has several sorts of vision, including infrared, microscopic, X-ray, electromagnetic spectrum, telescopic, and heat, and can freeze and breathe wind.
Main Differences Between the Elite and Superman
- The creator of the Elite groups was none other than Dough Mahnke, who, with the help of his companion Joe Kelly made the Elite group a huge success. On the other hand, with the help of Jerry Siegel, a writer, Joe Shuster, an artist, created Superman and made it a huge success.
- For the first time, the group of Elites, created by Mahnke and Kelly, appeared in the month of March 2001 in #775 Action Comics. On the other hand, Superman has been in appearance since 1938 as #1 in Action Comics, comparatively much earlier than Elites.
- The Elite is composed of various characters with different powers to tackle obstacles. Some very famous names among the Elites are Menagerie, The Hat, Manchester Black, and Coldcast. On the other hand, unlike Elite, Superman is considered a “one-man-army” character. It is highly popular with its self-help name, “Superman” only.
- The Elites believe in giving direct death sentences to the lives of innocent people and the rogue elements which are present in the society to wipe out the enemies. However, they are not abiding by any laws and are known to destroy lives and property. On the other hand, Superman underwent all of their operations according to the laws and regulations imposed on him. He can not go against some laws and is destined to protect civilians’ lives and wipe out society’s cruel enemies. Superman doesn’t give a death sentence to his enemies. Rather, he let the judiciary do its job. He hunts the enemies to justice and ends up putting them behind the jars.
- Some of the abilities of the Elite can be studied by mentioning the individual abilities of some of the famous members of the group. Like Manchester Black possesses the ability of telekinetic vigilante, the psionic cyborg is a special ability possessed by Vera Black. Coldcast is famous for possessing the ability to manipulate physical longevity, magnetism, and strength. Similarly, The Hat can breathe fire and possess the ability to measure invulnerability as well. On the other hand, some of the abilities and powers possessed by Superman are speed, durability, and longevity. He can also freeze breathing and breath wind as well, possessing different types of vision, like infrared vision, microscopic vision, X-ray vision, electromagnetic spectrum vision, telescopic and heat vision.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.