The automotive industry is budding with each passing day. Several new cars launch every month. Different types of automobiles are available in the market today.
The list includes SUVs, XUVs, sedans, Hatchbacks, Microcar, pickup trucks, electric cars and many more. Toyota Kluger and Kia Sorento are two of the SUVs.
- The Toyota Kluger is a mid-size SUV known for its reliability, spacious interior, and strong performance, produced by the Japanese automaker Toyota.
- The Kia Sorento is a mid-size SUV that is manufactured by the South Korean automaker Kia, offering a blend of comfort, style, and advanced technology features.
- Both the Toyota Kluger and Kia Sorento are mid-size SUVs. Still, they differ in brand origin, design, and features, with the Kluger focusing on reliability and the Sorento emphasizing style and technology.
Toyota Kluger vs Kia Sorento
Toyota Kluger has four-cylinder combustion engines, and it is a hybrid car. It provides airbags for security purposes to all three rows. Its fuel capacity is 72 litres. Kia Sorento is a diesel car and it provides airbags to two rows for security reasons. Its fuel capacity is 71 litres.
Toyota Kluger is the recent model of the fourth generation, launched by Toyota in 2021. The manufacturers have altered the features and specs for better sales.
It equips 7 airbags and has a spacious interior. Kluger is a 5-door, 7-seat SUV. With the latest technology and furnishings, this car is a luxury vehicle.
The first generation of Kia Sorento was launched in 2002 by Kia, and the fourth generation came in 2020 with better technology and machinery.
Sorento is a 5-door, 7-seat SUV. It is known for its good storage facility and space. What makes it look different is its squared look. Sorento is smaller in size yet comfortable.
|Parameters of Comparison||Toyota Kluger||Kia Sorento|
|Latest launch year||2021||2020|
|Torque||242Nm at 4400rpm||420Nm at 1750-2750rpm|
|Colour options||Crystal Pearl, Silver Storm, Atomic Rush, Liquorice Brown, Graphite, Eclipse Black, Galena Blue, Saturn Blue||Snow White Pearl Mineral Blue, Gravity Blue, Clear White, Silky Silver, Steel Grey, Aurora Black Pearl|
|Fuel tank||72 litres||71 litres|
What is Toyota Kluger?
The Toyota industry has recently launched its fourth-generation model, Toyota Kluger, in 2021. It is also named “Toyota Highlander. It is a luxurious car that guarantees maximum comfort with ample space.
Kluger is a mid-size SUV that is a favourable choice for a family as it is a 7-seater. Push-button start is an exciting feature one sees in this SUV. The LED lights have an auto-on-and-off function. Kluger runs on 18-inch alloy wheels.
The attractive specs of this car are rain-sensing wipers, 7 airbags that protect all the passengers, 5 USB plots, wireless device charging, 201mm ground clearance, enough space for the third row, 241 litres space boot and good legroom space.
In addition to these, it has a sunroof, vertical front seat, 14-way electric driver’s seat adjustment, cloth-based seats, 12.3″ digital instrument, and 10.25″ LED touchscreen for Android and Apple users.
The other features of Kluger are Horsepower is 292.3hp, and Torque is 242Nm at 4400rpm, Curb Weight is 2,045k, and a Fuel tank with a capacity of 72 litres.
Colour options include Crystal Pearl, Silver Storm, Atomic Rush, Liquorice Brown, Graphite, Eclipse Black, Galena Blue, and Saturn Blue.
The shortcomings are average multimedia and a slow cruise control response. Also, it doesn’t support automatic climate control.
What is Kia Sorento?
Kia Sorento is the fourth-generation model launched by Kia Commerce in 2020. It is a spacious car with great amenities. Its bold and square look makes it look different and unique.
This 7-seater and 5 doors SUV has a good storage space. Equipped with a push-start button and sunroof makes it better than ever. It has LED lights and 19″ alloy wheels.
The charming features include 3-zone climate control, heated front seats, an 8″ touchscreen for Android and Apple users, 2 USB spots, and 8-way electric driver’s seat adjustment.
Also, it features a safe exit assist function. Leather seats give it a new look. The 185mm clearance ground and second-row squeeze element make it different. Legroom space is adequate, and it has 187 litres of space boot.
The other features of Sorento are Horsepower is 191hp, Torque is 420Nm at 1750-2750rpm, Curb Weight is 1,680–1,970kg, and a Fuel tank has a capacity of 71 litres.
Colour options are Snow White Pearl, Mineral Blue, Gravity Blue, Clear White, Silky Silver, Steel Grey, and Aurora Black Pearl.
The disappointment comes with airbags as they don’t protect third-row passengers. The legroom space is adequate but could have been more.
Main Differences Between Toyota Kluger and Kia Sorento
- Toyota Kluger launched in 2021, while Kia Sorento launched in 2020. One can find 18″ alloy wheels in Kluger and 19″ alloy wheels in Sorento.
- Toyota Kluger is a hybrid car having four-cylinder combustion engines and two motor generators. On the other hand, Kia Sorento is a petrol car having four turbo petrol cylinders.
- Toyota Kluger safeguards all 7 passengers with 7 airbags, but Kia Sorento protects only 5 passengers.
- Kluger has more legroom space in comparison to Sorento.
- Toyota Kluger is grand when compared to Kia Sorento.
- Kluger has a Horsepower of 292.3hp, a Torque is 242Nm at 4400rpm, Curb Weight is 2,045k, and a Fuel tank has a capacity of 72 litres. Whereas Sorento has a Horsepower of 191hp, Torque is 420Nm at 1750-2750rpm, Curb Weight is 1,680–1,970kg, and a Fuel tank has a capacity of 71 litres.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.