While buying a car, we want to be thorough with our research so that we do not end up with the wrong model that is unable to fulfill our needs and preferences. Before buying a car, we should keep in mind many factors. Both models, Vanguard and Harrier, are manufactured by Toyota. They share many differences, and you should choose the one which fulfills your needs completely.
- Toyota Vanguard is a larger vehicle with a seating capacity for up to seven passengers, while Harrier accommodates only five.
- Vanguard is available with both 2.4L and 3.5L engines, whereas Harrier offers only a 2.0L engine.
- Toyota Vanguard targets international markets, while Harrier is mainly designed for the Japanese market.
Toyota Vanguard vs Toyota Harrier
The Toyota Harrier is a mid-size crossover SUV that was first introduced in 1997. It has a sleek design, comfortable ride, and spacious interior. The Toyota Vanguard is a compact crossover SUV that was introduced in 2007. It has a stylish design, comfortable ride, and spacious interior.
Toyota Vanguard can be classified as a luxury SUV. It is very spacious, and big families will enjoy this car. Child seats can easily get fixed in this model of car. Its safety features are upmarket and consume less fuel to reach your destination.
Toyota Harrier is a mid-sized SUV that is quite popular for its up-to-date features and looks. Its features are extremely attractive, and the space is compact. Toyota’s first-ever digital inner mirror is available in this model, which offers you a whole new level of safety measures.
|Parameters of Comparison||Toyota Vanguard||Toyota Harrier|
|Capacity||Toyota Vanguard is a 7 seater car.||Toyota Harrier is a 5 seater car.|
|Engine||Toyota Vanguard has a 2362 – 3,456cc engine.||Toyota Harrier has a 2,362 – 2,990cc engine.|
|Fuel Consumption||Toyota Vanguard consumes 7.94-litre fuel per 100km. 1-litre fuel lets you travel 12.6 km||Toyota Harrier consumes 11-litre fuel per 100km. That is with 1 litre you can travel 9.1 km.|
|Cargo space||Toyota Vanguard has bigger cargo space.||Comparatively, Toyota Harrier has smaller cargo space.|
|Maximus power||170 ps – 280 ps||140 – 280ps|
|Gearbox||The gearbox of Toyota Vanguard is an automatic CVT.||The gearbox of the Toyota Harrier is 4-speed automatic.|
What is Toyota Vanguard?
Vanguard is a long-wheel Rav4 of the Japanese market. Toyota is known as Real-Time 4WD. It alternates between front and all-wheel automatically while driving. It enhances traction, and also fuel consumption stays within the limit. The cargo space of the car is ample as well. It has lower floors for more room and a well-constructed structure. You can go keyless with this car as it offers keyless entry and a push-button to start the car. Heated seats and child seat anchor points are implanted in the model.
It is a spacious SUV consisting of 7 seats. The headroom and legroom are ample even though seating positions are higher than in other cars. The wide-opening door gives chances to have easy entry and exit. The driver’s comfort also has been taken consider to in this model. You can adjust the height of the driver’s seat until you find the ideal position for comfortable driving. This adjustability also helps in the visibility of the road. All these facilities made Vanguard remarkably popular in the sphere of luxury RV/SUVs. Finance Insurance products also come in the package with this car.
What is Toyota Harrier?
The Toyota Harrier is a fine car consisting of 5 passengers seat. Toyota is a great fashionista model that changes its features with a touch of modernity. The interior of the car is designed with black and chocolate brown premium leather. It also has a panoramic sunroof that is electro-chromatic. It is a mid-size upmarket SUV that is widely popular among people. It includes Toyota Safety Sense which offers a pre-collision safety system. It can detect pedestrians during the day as well as at night.
If your heart has set on this model, then you can get it in many color options. It has seven color options to choose from. The exceptional feature of the digital inner mirror is implanted in this Toyota car for the first time. With this feature, while driving, you can record the image of the front as well as the rear. Its parking support brakes reduce the chance of collisions.
Main Differences Between Toyota Vanguard and Harrier
- Toyota Vanguard is a bigger car with 7 seats and 4 doors, whereas Toyota Harrier model cars are comparatively smaller with 5 seats and 4 doors. So if you are looking for a more spacious car, then you should choose Toyota Vanguard.
- Toyota Vanguard has a more capable engine with 2362 – 3,456cc, and Toyota Harrier has a 2,362 – 2,990cc engine.
- Just like the whole car, the cargo space is also bigger in size. While the car is small, its cargo space is small as well.
- Toyota Vanguard consumes less fuel per km. On one liter of fuel, you can ride 12.6km. Per 100km of road, 7.94 liters of fuel will get consumed. On the other hand, Toyota Harrier consumes more fuel comparatively. For one liter of gasoline, the car can be driven for 9.1km. For every 100km of road, 11-liter fuel is needed.
- Toyota Vanguard uses an automatic CVT as its gearbox, and Toyota Vanguard, on the other hand, uses a 4-speed automatic for its gearbox.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.