What is required the most for a good night’s sleep? Yes! It is the pillow. The most comforting and basic thing on your bed is your pillow. But what if you are not on your bed? Do not worry! The modern age got you covered. They have camping pillows now for your convenience and comfort.
Camping Pillow vs Normal Pillow
The difference between a camping pillow and a normal pillow is that camping pillows are smaller than regular pillows. The material of a camping pillow might be very similar to an ordinary pillow. Camping pillows are more compact than normal pillows. Camping pillows are portable whereas normal pillows are only meant for the bedroom.
Camping pillows are small, compact, and convenient. As this pillow is meant for traveling, one can compress and roll up the pillow, and then put it in a backpack. It fits in a backpack easily and one can carry it comfortably.
The average size of a compacted camping pillow is around 8.78 inches x 5.21 inches. And the average Inflated size of the pillow is around 7.25 inches x 11.56 inches x 4.28 inches.
A normal pillow is for everyday use on the bed. A normal pillow can be as soft as a cloud and give you the best possible night’s sleep. The size of a normal pillow can vary according to the needs of a person and her/his sleeping alignment.
|Parameters of Comparison||Camping Pillow||Normal Pillow|
|Usage||A camping pillow is mostly used for camping and traveling.||A normal pillow is mostly used while sleeping in bed.|
|Weight||This pillow is more lightweight than a normal pillow.||This pillow is comparatively heavier than a camping pillow.|
|Comfort||This pillow offers some kind of comfort but not as much as a normal pillow.||This pillow will always win when it comes to comfort.|
|Price||A camping pillow is relatively expensive.||Comparatively this pillow offers more comfort with less money.|
|Compactness||A camping pillow is compact and foldable. It is ideal for backpacks.||A normal pillow is impractical for backpacking because they are heavy and offer more comfort.|
|Waterproof||Camping pillows are typically waterproof and also comes with waterproof covers.||Normal pillows are not waterproof.|
What is Camping Pillow?
A camping pillow is designed and made for traveling. This pillow is compact, foldable, and takes very little space in a backpack. The goal of this pillow is to be compact and packable.
Mainly, there are four types of camping pillows –
- Air pillows which are inflatable, flat solid pillows. You need to blow air in these pillows to use these.
- Foam/filled pillows are stuffed with foam. Though comfortable, these can be heavy for backpacking.
- Stuff sack pillow can fit in your shirt pocket and you can stuff it with your clothes and jackets when you want to rest your head on it.
- Polyester/cotton fill camping pillows are comparatively medium in weight and also provide medium comfort. Usually, camping pillows are stuffed with polyester which is also used to stuff sleeping bags.
You should carry a camping pillow as they help you to have a good sleep to enjoy the outdoors more.
Pillows may seem insignificant but it is very important for a nice, uninterrupted sleep. People who do not need pillows to sleep can try and use a camping pillow, as it is not bulky or fluffy but gives support to your neck while sleeping.
What is Normal Pillow?
The normal pillow not only just offers comfort, but it also plays an important role in supporting different parts of your body, depending on your sleeping position.
The right pillow for a person depends on her/his sleeping alignment and position. The right pillow supports the shoulders perfectly and can prevent back pain and neck pain.
If your neck and shoulders don’t get the required support, it can cause twisting, craning, or crunching, this puts your spine and body out of alignment, resulting in discomfort, pain, and sleeplessness.
Pillows provide the upper body a proper shape during sleeping and keep the body in alignment. Everyone has their unique way of sleeping and the right pillow should fit that shape to serve its purpose.
People with spine disorders can also get benefited from the right kind of pillows to support and rest the spine.
Even the size and filling of the pillows are vital. As stated before, the right pillow depends on the sleeping position of a person. If you sleep on your back then having a thin pillow is recommended and if you sleep on your side then having a thicker pillow is important.
While choosing the right pillows, the body size is also important.
Main Differences Between Camping Pillow and Normal Pillow
- The biggest difference between a camping pillow and a normal pillow is size. Camping pillows are significantly smaller than normal pillows, as the goal is to be compact.
- Camping pillows are smaller than normal pillows which makes them lighter and easily packable in backpacks for traveling agendas. Normal pillows are heavier and not meant for traveling.
- Camping pillows are compatible with traveling but they are not great when it comes to providing comfort. Normal pillows are meant for beds, so they are bigger and fluffier, and better at providing comfort.
- Camping pillows are more or less appropriate for everyone as it is for occasional use, but normal pillows are meant for everyday use and that is why choosing the right pillow is important for the body.
- Camping pillows are expensive, a nice comfortable camping pillow will cost a good sum of money. But a normal regular pillow is cheaper and also offers more comfortable than a costly camping pillow.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️