Canon is a brand that specializes in making products related to optics, imaging and other industrial products such as cameras, lenses, printers, scanners, etc.
Canon is a leading name when it comes to cameras whether it is a digital camera or a DSLR.
EOS range of Canon DSLRs is a series of professional cameras manufactured by the company. Launched in 1987, Canon EOS or Electro-optical system is a series of auto single-lens lens reflex and mirrorless cameras.
EOS R5 and R6 are the latest high-end products added to this series. The two cameras share some similar specifications while they differ in some others.
Table of Contents
Canon EOS R5 vs R6
The main difference between Canon EOS R5 and R6 is that of the resolution of these cameras.
EOS R5 camera has a resolution of 45.0 megapixels that serves the purpose while shooting detailing pictures, on the other hand, the EOS R6 camera has a resolution of 20.1 megapixels.
EOS R5 is a camera aiming at professional shoots while EOS R6 is a general-purpose camera.
Comparison Table Between Canon EOS R5 and R6
|Parameter of Comparison||Canon EOS R5||Canon EOS R6|
|Sensor Type||Canon EOS R5 mirrorless version of DSLRs has a full frame CMOS sensor with a 45.0 MP high resolution and its size is 36.0 * 24.0 mm.||Canon EOS R6 also has a full frame CMOS sensor with a 20.1 MP resolution and having a size 36.0 * 24.0 mm.|
|Image shooting specifications||EOS R5 has a DIGIC X image processor with image size 8192*5464 and has ISO speed 100 to 51200 for images.||EOS R6 has a DIGIC x image processor with image size 5472*3648 and has ISO speed 100 to 102400 for images.|
|Video shooting specifications||The sensors of EOS R5 are designed especially to shoot 8k videos at up to 30p, it also has the ability to shoot 4k videos at up to 120p.||The sensors of EOS R6 are designed to shoot 4k videos at up to 60p with a complete width DCI capture.|
|Continuous shooting speed||EOS R5 can shoot up to 20 frames in a second with an electronic shutter while up to 12 frames with a mechanical shutter.||EOS R6 can also shoot up to 20 frames in a second with an electronic shutter while up to 12 frames with a mechanical shutter.|
|Other specifications||EOS R5 has dual card slots, 3.2 inches screen, in body image stabilizer, dual pixel CMOS autofocus, a top LCD screen, etc.||EOS R6 has dual card slots, 3.0 inches screen, in body image stabilizer, dual pixel CMOS autofocus system, etc.|
What is Canon EOS R5?
The canon EOS R5 is a camera from EOS range DSLRs. It is a full-frame mirrorless camera with interchangeable lens launched in July 2020.
It has some features of other versions while some new features that are specially designed for this version.
EOS R5 is the latest high-end addition to the EOS series. It is designed keeping in mind the professional requirements especially in shooting detailing pictures.
The high resolution of 45.0 MP is its most important feature. It is available in a high price range.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera - 8K Video, 45 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor, DIGIC X...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Canon EOS R6?
The Canon EOS E6 is also a 20.1 MP full frame mirrorless camera with interchangeable lens launched with the EOS R5 in July 2020.
This version is designed keeping in mind the general purposes, however, it can also be used professionally. This camera is available in a lower price range as compared to the R5 version.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Canon EOS R6 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera with 4K Video, Full-Frame CMOS Senor, DIGIC X Image...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Canon EOS R5 and R6
- The camera resolution R5 version is 45.0 MP while the resolution of the R6 version is 20.1 MP.
- EOS R5 image size is 8192*5464 while that of EOS R6 is 5472*3648.
- The ISO speed of R5 is 100 to 51200 for images while that of R6 is 100 to 102400 for images.
- EOS R5 is designed to shoot 8k videos with up to 30p and can also shoot 4k videos at up to 120p, on the other hand, EOS R6 can shoot only 4k videos at up to 60p with a complete width DCI capture.
- The EOS R5 version has various video exposure modes while R6 shoots only in fill manual or program mode.
- EOS R5 shoots up to 20 frames within a second with an electronic shutter and up to 12 frames with a mechanical shutter, EOS version R6 also has the same capability.
- EOS R5 has a 3.2 inches screen and an in-body image stabilizer while EOS R6 has a 3.0 inches screen.
- The display of EOS R5 is 5.76Mdot OLED EVF with another 2.1M dot rear screen whereas EOS R6 has a 68M dot LCD.
- The two versions differ in their bodies, R5 comes with a top plate settings display while R6 comes with a dial.
- The R5 version comes with a N3 three-pin screw-in remote release full-size socket on the front plate while R6 comes with a simple E3 three-pole 2.5mm headphone style connector on the left panel of the camera.
- Both versions have dual card slots.
- When it comes to battery life, R5 can shoot 320 shots in a single charge using the viewfinder and 490 shots using LCD in the default settings, on the other hand, R6 can shoot 380 shots using the viewfinder and 510 shots using LCD in a single charge.
- Dual pixel raw is a feature that is present only in the R5 version.
- Both versions come with built-in wifi, R5 ha 2.4 GHz radio as well as 5 GHz radio while R6 version only has 2.4 GHz radio.
- Another field of difference between the two versions is the price, R5 is more expensive as compared to the R6 version.
The choice of camera depends on the interest and uses of the person. Both the cameras are best for their specific purposes. However, if R5 interests more to a person then he has to pay much more for its features.
It is important to know about the features of both the versions before use since without complete information one cannot use the device effectively and efficiently.
Knowing specifications is an added advantage for using such cameras.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
Last update on 2022-08-08 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API