Canon is a brand specialising in making products related to optics, imaging and other industrial products such as cameras, lenses, printers, scanners, etc.
Canon is a leading name for cameras, whether it is a digital camera or a DSLR.
EOS range of Canon DSLRs is a series of professional cameras manufactured by the company. Launched in 1987, Canon EOS or Electro-optical System is a series of auto single-lens lens reflex and mirrorless cameras.
EOS R5 and R6 are the latest high-end products added to this series. The two cameras share similar specifications, but they differ in others.
- Canon EOS R5 has a higher resolution sensor and can shoot 8K video, while EOS R6 has a lower resolution sensor and shoots 4K video.
- Canon EOS R5 has more advanced autofocus and image stabilization features, while EOS R6 is more compact and lightweight.
- Canon EOS R5 is more expensive than EOS R6 and may be better suited for professional photographers and videographers.
Canon EOS R5 vs R6
The difference between Canon EOS R5 and R6 is the resolution of these cameras. THE EOS R5 camera has a resolution of 45.0 megapixels that serves the purpose while shooting and detailing pictures; on the other hand, the EOS R6 camera has a resolution of 20.1 megapixels.
EOS R5 is a camera aimed at professional shoots, while EOS R6 is a general-purpose camera.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameter of Comparison||Canon EOS R5||Canon EOS R6|
|Sensor Type||Canon EOS R5 mirrorless version of DSLR has a full-frame CMOS sensor with a 45.0 MP high resolution, and its size is 36.0 * 24.0 mm.||Canon EOS R6 also has a full-frame CMOS sensor with a 20.1 MP resolution and 36.0 * 24.0 mm size.|
|Image shooting specifications||EOS R5 has a DIGIC X image processor with an image size of 8192*5464 and has ISO speeds of 100 to 51200 for images.||EOS R6 has a DIGIC x image processor with image size 5472*3648 and has ISO speeds of 100 to 102400 for images.|
|Video shooting specifications||The sensors of EOS R5 are designed especially to shoot 8k videos at up to 30p; it also can shoot 4k videos at up to 120p.||The sensors of EOS R6 are designed to shoot 4k videos at up to 60p with a complete width DCI capture.|
|Continuous shooting speed||EOS R5 can shoot up to 20 frames in a second with an electronic shutter while up to 12 with a mechanical shutter.||EOS R6 can also shoot up to 20 frames in a second with an electronic shutter while up to 12 with a mechanical shutter.|
|Other specifications||EOS R5 has dual card slots, 3.2 inches screen, an in-body image stabilizer, dual-pixel CMOS autofocus, a top LCD screen, etc.||EOS R6 has dual card slots, 3.0 inches screen, an in-body image stabilizer, a dual-pixel CMOS autofocus system, etc.|
What is Canon EOS R5?
The Canon EOS R5 is a camera from EOS range DSLRs. It is a full-frame mirrorless camera with an interchangeable lens launched in July 2020.
It has some features of other versions and some new features specially designed for this version.
EOS R5 is the latest high-end addition to the EOS series. It is designed considering professional requirements, especially in shooting and detailing pictures.
The high resolution of 45.0 MP is its most important feature. It is available in a high price range.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera - 8K Video, 45 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor, DIGIC X...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Canon EOS R5 C (Body) - Compact, Mirrorless Cinema EOS Camera - Full-Frame 8K IS & DIGIC X...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Canon EOS R6?
The Canon EOS E6 is a 20.1 MP full-frame mirrorless camera with an interchangeable lens launched with the EOS R5 in July 2020.
This version is designed considering general purposes but can also be used professionally. This camera is available in a lower price range than the R5 version.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Canon EOS R6 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera with 4K Video, Full-Frame CMOS Senor, DIGIC X Image...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Canon EOS R6 Mark II - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera (Body Only) - Still & Video - 24.2MP, CMOS,...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Canon EOS R5 and R6
- The camera resolution R5 version is 45.0 MP, while the resolution of the R6 version is 20.1 MP.
- EOS R5 image size is 8192*5464, while EOS R6 is 5472*3648.
- The ISO speed of R5 is 100 to 51200 for images, while R6 is 100 to 102400 for images.
- EOS R5 is designed to shoot 8k videos at up to 30p and can also shoot 4k videos at up to 120p; on the other hand, EOS R6 can shoot only 4k videos at up to 60p with a complete width DCI capture.
- The EOS R5 version has various video exposure modes, while R6 shoots only in fill manual or program mode.
- EOS R5 shoots up to 20 frames within a second with an electronic shutter and up to 12 with a mechanical shutter; EOS version R6 also has the same capability.
- EOS R5 has a 3.2 inches screen and an in-body image stabilizer, while EOS R6 has a 3.0 inches screen.
- The display of EOS R5 is a 5.76Mdot OLED EVF with another 2.1M dot rear screen, whereas EOS R6 has a 68M dot LCD.
- The two versions differ in their bodies; R5 has a top plate settings display, while R6 has a dial.
- The R5 version comes with an N3 three-pin screw-in remote release full-size socket on the front plate, while R6 comes with a simple E3 three-pole 2.5mm headphone-style connector on the left panel of the camera.
- Both versions have dual card slots.
- Regarding battery life, R5 can shoot 320 shots on a single charge using the viewfinder and 490 shots using LCD in the default settings; on the other hand, R6 can shoot 380 shots using the viewfinder and 510 shots using LCD on a single charge.
- Dual pixel raw is a feature present only in the R5 version.
- Both versions have built-in wifi; R5 has a 2.4 GHz radio and a 5 GHz radio, while R6 only has a 2.4 GHz radio.
- Another difference between the two versions is the price; R5 is more expensive than R6.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.