The Canon EOS 1500D model is available at a cost-effective price point. Thus, its lower cost compromises the screen modes available to the user.
As the 200D model is valued on the higher end of the price spectrum, it comes imbued with several distinguished and exclusive screen modes that enhance the photography skills of the user.
- The Canon EOS 1500D has a higher resolution and a larger sensor than the 200D.
- The 200D is more compact and lightweight than the 1500D, making it more portable.
- The 1500D has a longer battery life and is better suited for professional photography, whereas the 200D suits beginners and hobbyists.
Canon EOS 1500D vs 200D
The difference between Canon EOS 1500D and Canon EOS 200D models is that the former has fewer screen modes while the latter offers an extensive plethora of screen modes for the user to enjoy.
Canon EOS 200D is equipped with distinctive screen modes like the HDR mode, the Group Photo mode, the Kids mode, and the Candlelight mode.
These exclusive screen modes are absent from the Canon EOS 1500D interface.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparison||Canon EOS 1500D||Canon EOS 200D|
|Screen Modes||Offers fewer screen modes than the 200D model.||Offers several exclusive screen modes.|
|Price||The Canon EOS 1500D is more lucrative than the Canon EOS 200D.||The Canon EOS 200D is the more expensive model.|
|Display Resolution||920000 dots.||1040000 dots.|
|Year of Launch||Canon EOS 1500D was initially launched in 2018.||Canon EOS 200D was launched in 2017.|
|Processor||The Canon EOS 1500D operates on a DIGIC 4+ processor.||The Canon EOS 200D operates on a DIGIC 7 processor.|
|Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity is absent.||This model offers Bluetooth connectivity.|
|Audio Recording Formats||This model uses the Linear PCM format.||This model uses the AAC format.|
|Megapixel Capacity||The Canon EOS 1500D features a comparatively inferior capacity of 24.1 MP.||The Canon EOS 200D features an enhanced 24.2 MP capacity.|
|Weight||The Canon EOS 1500D weighs approximately 475g (with batteries).||The Canon EOS 200D is comparatively lighter, weighing around 453g (with batteries).|
|Touchscreen||Does not offer touchscreen amenities to the user.||The touchscreen feature is available.|
|Battery Life||Battery life is sustained up to 500 shots.||Battery life is sustained up to 650 shots.|
|Frames Per Second||3 fps.||5 fps.|
What is Canon EOS 1500D?
The Canon EOS 1500D model was launched in 2018 as a more cost-effective prototype in Canon’s range of DSLRs for beginners.
With a 3-inch display monitor, the 1500D model has several notable features at a very lucrative price point.
This trusted Canon EOS range DSLR is specifically designed for the novice photographer. It is fitted with a CMOS sensor and a powerful lithium-ion battery that offers the user longevity of up to 500 shots.
The Canon EOS 1500D offers an effective pixilation of 24.1 MP.
The optical viewfinder of this model enhances the ease of operating the device for any novice user.
This model features some advanced connectivity specs, including GPS and Wi-Fi connectivity abilities.
The model’s limited screen modes are its sole and most conspicuous drawback.
What is Canon EOS 200D?
Canon EOS 200D was launched in 2017 as a premium DSLR with distinctive and formidable features. This model is one of the best-in-class high-end cameras equipped with multiple sophisticated screen modes.
With a 24.2 MP effective pixilation capacity, the Canon EOS 200D model stands out.
It has an electronically controlled focal plane shutter, a touchscreen-enabled interface, HDR mode, a powerful DIGIC 7 processor, and many other exclusive specs.
This model operates on a powerful lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 650 shots.
The Canon EOS 200D model has an AAC sound format and Bluetooth connectivity that adds to its distinctive offerings.
This powerful shutterbug has only one glaring disadvantage in terms of the expensive price point of its sales. However, this model is a prudent investment for any professional photographer.
Main Differences Between Canon EOS 1500D and 200D
- The main difference between the Canon EOS 1500D and 200D models is the screen modes each model is equipped with. The former model has fewer screen modes than the latter. Screen modes like HDR, Candlelight, Group Photo, and others are absent from the 1500D model.
- The Canon EOS 1500D and 200D also differ in the frames per second or fps each offers. The 1500D model offers 3 fps, while the 200D model offers 5 fps.
- The two models differ in terms of their market price points. While the Canon EOS 1500D is the more affordable model, the Canon EOS 200D is sold at a higher price point.
- The Canon EOS 200D model was first launched in 2017, while the Canon EOS 1500D is the more recent model released in 2018.
- The display resolution of each model is quite distinctive. The Canon EOS 1500D offers a pixel resolution of 920000 dots, while the Canon EOS 200D offers an augmented display resolution of 1040000 dots.
- The processors used in each of the DSLR models are also different. The Canon EOS 200D operates on a DIGIC 7 processor, while the Canon EOS 1500D uses a DIGIC 4+ processor.
- The Canon EOS 200D model offers a touchscreen-enabled interface to the user, which is absent in the Canon EOS 1500D model.
- Canon EOS 200D has a better battery life than the 1500D model. The battery of the former model lasts for up to 650 shots, while the latter can be sustained without charging for an upper limit of 500 shots.
- The Canon EOS 200D model offers Bluetooth connectivity. This feature is absent from the Canon EOS 1500D model.
- The Canon EOS 1500D is heavier than the Canon EOS 200D model. The former weighs about 475g, while the latter weighs 453g.
- The megapixel capacity of each is also different. The Canon EOS 1500D offers a resolution capacity of 24.1MP, while the Canon EOS 200D model offers an enhanced resolution capacity of 24.2 MP. The display resolution of each is also different.
- Both cameras use different audio recording formats. The Canon EOS 1500D uses the Linear PCM format, while the 200D model uses the AAC format.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.