Canon EOS 1500D model is available at a cost-effective price point in the market. Thus, its lower cost compromises the list of screen modes available to the user. As the 200D model is valued on the higher end of the price spectrum, it comes imbued with several distinguished and exclusive screen modes that enhance the photography skills of the user.
Canon EOS 1500D vs 200D
The difference between Canon EOS 1500D and Canon EOS 200D models is that the former has fewer screen modes while the latter offers an extensive plethora of screen modes for the user to enjoy. Canon EOS 200D is equipped with distinctive screen modes like the HDR mode, the Group Photo mode, the Kids mode, and the Candlelight mode. These exclusive screen modes are absent from the Canon EOS 1500D interface.
Comparison Table Between Canon EOS 1500D and 200D
|Parameters of Comparison||Canon EOS 1500D||Canon EOS 200D|
|Screen Modes||Offers fewer screen modes than the 200D model.||Offers several exclusive screen modes.|
|Price||The Canon EOS 1500D is a more lucrative model than the Canon EOS 200D.||The Canon EOS 200D is the more expensive model.|
|Display Resolution||920000 dots.||1040000 dots.|
|Year of Launch||Canon EOS 1500D was initially launched in 2018.||Canon EOS 200D was launched in 2017.|
|Processor||The Canon EOS 1500D operates on a DIGIC 4+ processor.||The Canon EOS 200D operates on a DIGIC 7 processor.|
|Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity is absent.||Bluetooth connectivity is offered by this model.|
|Audio Recording Formats||This model uses the Linear PCM format.||The AAC format is used by this model.|
|Megapixel Capacity||The canon EOS 1500D features a comparatively inferior capacity of 24.1 MP.||The Canon EOS 200D features an enhanced 24.2 MP capacity.|
|Weight||The Canon EOS 1500D weighs approximately 475g (with batteries).||The Canon EOS 200D is comparatively lighter, weighing around 453g (with batteries).|
|Touchscreen||Does not offer touchscreen amenities to the user.||The touchscreen feature is available.|
|Battery Life||Battery life is sustained up to 500 shots.||Battery life is sustained up to 650 shots.|
|Frames Per Second||3 fps.||5 fps.|
What is Canon EOS 1500D?
The Canon EOS 1500D model was launched in 2018 as a more cost-effective prototype in Canon’s range of DSLRs for beginners. With a 3-inch display monitor, the 1500D model comes equipped with several notable features at a very lucrative price point.
This DSLR from the trusted Canon EOS range is specifically designed for the novice photographer. It is fitted with a CMOS sensor and a powerful lithium-ion battery that offers the user longevity up to a total of 500 shots. The Canon EOS 1500D offers an effective pixilation of 24.1 MP.
The optical viewfinder of this model enhances the ease of operating the device for any novice user. This model features some advanced connectivity specs including GPS and Wi-Fi connectivity abilities. The limited screen modes offered by the model is its sole and most conspicuous drawback.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Canon EOS 1500D (Rebel T7) DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens Bundle + Premium Accessory Bundle Including...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Canon EOS 200D?
Canon EOS 200D was launched in 2017 as a premium DSLR that offers some distinctive and formidable features. Equipped with multiple sophisticated screen modes, this model is one of the best in-class high-end cameras.
With a 24.2 MP effective pixilation capacity, the Canon EOS 200D model stands out from the crowd. It has an electronically controlled focal plane shutter, a touch screen enabled interface, HDR mode, a powerful DIGIC 7 processor, and many other exclusive specs.
This model operates on a powerful lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 650 shots. The Canon EOS 200D model is equipped with an AAC sound format and Bluetooth connectivity that adds to its list of distinctive offerings. This powerful shutterbug has only one glaring disadvantage in terms of the expensive price point of its sales. However, this model is a prudent investment for any professional photographer.
Main Differences Between Canon EOS 1500D and 200D
- The main difference between the Canon EOS 1500D and 200D models is the screen modes each model is equipped with. The former model has fewer screen modes than the latter. Screen modes like HDR, Candlelight, Group Photo, and others are absent from the 1500D model.
- The Canon EOS 1500D and 200D are also different in terms of the frames per second or fps offered by each. The 1500D model offers 3 fps, while the 200D model offers 5 fps.
- The two models differ in terms of their market price points. While the Canon EOS 1500D is the more affordable model, the Canon EOS 200D is sold at a higher price point.
- The Canon EOS 200D model was first launched in the year 2017, while the Canon EOS 1500D is the more recent model released in the year 2018.
- The display resolution of each model is quite distinctive. The Canon EOS 1500D offers a pixel resolution of 920000 dots, while the Canon EOS 200D offers an augmented display resolution of 1040000 dots.
- The processors used in each of the DSLR models are also different. The Canon EOS 200D operates on a DIGIC 7 processor, while the Canon EOS 1500D uses a DIGIC 4+ processor.
- The Canon EOS 200D model offers a touchscreen enabled interface to the user, which is absent in the Canon EOS 1500D model.
- Canon EOS 200D has a better battery life than the 1500D model. The battery of the former model lasts for up to 650 shots, while the latter can be sustained without charging for an upper limit of 500 shots.
- Bluetooth connectivity is offered by the Canon EOS 200D model. This feature is absent from the Canon EOS 1500D model.
- The Canon EOS 1500D is heavier than the Canon EOS 200D model. The former weighs about 475g, while the latter weighs 453g.
- The megapixel capacity of each is also different. The Canon EOS 1500D offers a resolution capacity of 24.1MP while the Canon EOS 200D model offers an enhanced resolution capacity of 24.2 MP. The display resolution of each is also different.
- Both cameras use different audio recording formats. The Canon EOS 1500D uses the Linear PCM format, while the 200D model uses the AAC format.
There are several overwhelming similarities between the Canon EOS 1500D and 200D models including their image sensor size, minimum shutter speeds, display size, etc. Although both the models are quite formidable options within the DSLR range, the latter secures an edge over the former in terms of its unmatched features and specs.
The Canon EOS 200D model offers superior display resolution as well as a superior fps rate. With an enhanced power capacity and augmented megapixel strength, the Canon EOS 200D model stands out in a comparative choice between the two.
For professional photography the Canon EOS 200D model may be ideal. However, if one seeks to purchase an affordable DSLR with standard features and fast charging capabilities, then the Canon EOS 1500D may be a better-suited option.
Last update on 2021-05-24 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents