Hotel chains and big hotel firms are diversifying their portfolios beyond traditional standardized brands to include boutique hotels, timeshare properties, and even vacation rentals. The emergence of hundreds of various hotel kinds has resulted from the growth of highly targeted niche brands, as well as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and the advent of soft brands.
Embassy Suites vs Hyatt Place
The main difference between Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place is that Embassy Suites is working in the hotel industry. Also, it was founded 34 years ago in 1984 and is active in fewer regions. On the other hand, Hyatt Place is a completely luxurious hotel chain that works in the hospitality industry. The hotel chain was founded around 64 years ago and has different hotels worldwide.
Hilton Worldwide is the owner of the Embassy Suites brand. The company is reported to be made up of all-suite hotels in the elite echelon. Hervey Feldman and Mike Rose are the two main figures responsible for the establishment of the renowned hotel chain. They were also the active CEOs of Holiday Inn Corporation, which they created in 1983.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, or simply Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, is a global hospitality company headquartered in Chicago’s Riverside Plaza district that owns and operates resorts, luxury vacation facilities, and business hotels. Two different people – Jack Dyer Crouch and Hyatt Robert von Dehn – developed and founded the ‘Hyatt Palace’ in 1957, which is roughly 64 years ago.
Comparison Table Between Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place
|Parameters of Comparison||Embassy Suites||Hyatt Place|
|Founded By||Hervey Feldman and Mike Rose||Jack Dyer Crouch and Hyatt Robert von Dehn|
|Number of Locations||257 hotels||1175 hotels|
|Areas Served||Latin America, United States, Caribbean, and Canada||Worldwide|
|Parent||Hilton Worldwide||The Hyatt Corporation|
What is Embassy Suites?
Hilton Worldwide is the owner of the Embassy Suites brand. The company is reported to be made up of all-suite hotels in the elite echelon. According to corporate statistics, the company or the hotel group has partnered with approximate locations in 257 distinct hotels throughout five countries and territories, totaling 59,712 rooms, as of December 2019. The hotel franchisee ‘Embassy Suites’ owns and operates 212 hotels with a total of 47,000+ rooms, while the group also manages 45 distinct and vibrant locations with 11,782 rooms, most likely for other Hilton brands.
Hervey Feldman and Mike Rose are the two main figures responsible for the establishment of the renowned hotel chain. They were also the active CEOs of Holiday Inn Corporation, which they created in 1983. Feldman later served as president and CEO of Embassy Suites from 1990 to 1992 and then as executive chairman of the hotel group.
The very first Embassy Suites hotel was opened for the public in the year 1984, and it was located in Overland Park, Kansas. In 1986, the hotel brand opened a second location in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Even the hotel group was recognized as one of Fortune’s “Best Companies for Customer Service” in 1989, only six years after its founding.
What is Hyatt Place?
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, or simply Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, is an international hospitality corporation based in Chicago’s Riverside Plaza neighborhood that maintains and franchises resorts, luxury, vacation properties, and business hotels.
The Pritzker family manages several companies, including Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. The ‘Hyatt Palace’ was established and founded by two different persons – Jack Dyer Crouch and Hyatt Robert von Dehn.
In the year 1957, the Hyatt Corporation was founded after acquiring the Hyatt House that is located at Los Angeles International Airport. Hyatt began growing globally in 1969. Then later, Hyatt expanded through new property development and acquisitions and acquired AmeriSuites (which is later renamed as Hyatt Place) in 2004.
The hotel chain of Hyatt Place has been serving around 1175 hotels in different locations of cities comprising six continents worldwide.
Main Differences Between Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place
- The Embassy Suites belongs to the hotel sector because it offers paid stay services, whereas the Hyatt Place, on the other hand, belongs to the hospitality industry. After all, it offers services such as stay, wellness, theme parks, cuisine, drinks, and much more.
- Embassy Suites was established in 1984, approximately 38 years ago, whereas Hyatt Place was established in 1957, approximately 64 years ago.
- Hervey Feldman and Mike Rose were the driving forces behind the formation of Embassy Suites, whereas Jack Dyer Crouch and Hyatt Robert von Dehn were the driving forces behind the establishment of Hyatt Place.
- The number of locations in which Embassy Suites have been working is around 257 hotels whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the number of locations in which Hyatt Place is working is around 1175 hotels.
- The parent company of Embassy Suites is known to be Hilton Worldwide, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the parent company of Hyatt Place is known to be The Hyatt Corporation.
- For more detailed information, the users or customers may contact at the official website www.embassysuites.com whereas comparatively, on the other hand, for detailed information related to Hyatt Place, one may contact through the official website www.hyatt.com.
To summarize the given topic, this can be concluded that Boutique hotels, timeshare properties, and even vacation rentals are being added to hotel chains and large hotel companies’ portfolios, in addition to classic standardized brands. The expansion of highly specialized specialty brands, as well as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and the introduction of soft brands, has led to the emergence of hundreds of different hotel types.
Similarly, Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place are the two different renowned hotel chains that are efficiently providing their services. Embassy Suites specifically belongs to the hotel industry, whereas Hyatt Place belongs to the hospitality industry.
Embassy Suites have their hotels and rooms available limited to fewer regions that are up to Latin America, Canada, United States, and the Caribbean, while Hyatt Place has their rooms and hotels all over across six different continents.