Hotels and resorts are terms that have differences between them. Both hotels and resorts offer their guests and visitors many facilities. They provide many facilities for a short period.
The primary purpose of hotels and resorts is to provide their guests with comfortable and luxurious stays for a short period.
- Hotels primarily provide accommodation and basic amenities, while resorts offer a range of recreational activities and facilities.
- Resorts have a specific theme or focus, such as beach, spa, or golf, while hotels cater to various travellers.
- Resorts are often more expensive and located in vacation destinations, whereas hotels can be found in various locations and price points.
Hotels vs Resorts
Hotels offer various services and amenities to travellers and tourists, catering to various customers. Resorts are larger establishments that offer more amenities and services than a hotel, such as pools, beaches, golf courses, spas, and recreational activities.
Hotels are places where people or travellers who attend a function or conference in a different state or a new environment stay.
The guests stay for a shorter period. They are in areas which are popular destinations like airports or railway stations.
Resorts are located near natural surroundings and are designed to provide relaxation to the people. The guests stay for a more extended period. Resorts give every activity a hotel offers and many other activities a particular hotel cannot provide.
|Parameters of Comparison||Hotels||Resorts|
|Definition||The guests or travellers in resorts stay for a more extended period of time.||Resorts are designed to provide relaxation to the people.|
|Purpose||Hotels provide accommodation to their guests.||Resorts provide relaxation to their guests.|
|Duration||The guests or travellers in resorts stay for a more extended period.||Hotels are located in popular destinations like airports or railway stations.|
|Location||They are created in or near natural surroundings to provide different activities.||The activities in hotels may consist of a gym.|
|Activities||Resorts provide every training a hotel offers and many other activities that a particular hotel cannot provide because of its location, like scenic views.||Resorts provide every training a hotel offers and many other activities that a particular hotel cannot offer because of its location, like scenic views.|
What are Hotels?
Hotels are designed for travellers. They are designed to provide sleep and some offerings like meals, a spa, a gym, and many more.
Hotels are also for a particular clientele, like travellers travelling for business. These types of hotels include conference rooms for specific special events.
Hotels are less private than resorts as the square footage available is less for the guests. Hotels can also have some resort properties like added entertainment, but they would differ from the resorts.
Hotels have fewer things than resorts. The guests in hotels stay for a shorter period. Hotels are located in popular destinations, like airports or railway stations.
The activities in hotels may consist of a gym. The hotels also provide brochures that feature local activities like shopping, museums, and theme parks.
Hotels are there for people or travellers attending some function or conference in a different state or a new environment.
What are Resorts?
Resorts are designed to provide a personal and private space to the people. Resorts are designed to give relaxation to people.
They are created in or near natural surroundings to provide different activities and maximise the guest’s stay.
Resorts provide everything a hotel offers and many other activities that a particular hotel cannot show because of its location, like scenic views.
The guests at the resort enjoy various activities like beachside lounging or mountainside explorations. The resorts also have a variety of sports like bowling, golf, tennis, and basketball.
Resorts are suitable for people who want a relaxing stay. They appeal to vacationers. Resorts become destinations on their own. The different activities resorts provide include bars, nightclubs, casinos, spas, shops, etc.
They are more spacious and have large swimming pools and gardens. The activity in a resort depends on the location of the resort.
Main Differences Between Hotels and Resorts
- Resorts are a place of recourse, while hotels are residences for a short period.
- Hotels provide accommodation to their guests, whereas Resorts provide relaxation.
- Hotels are near airports or railway stations, whereas resorts are near natural surroundings.
- The activities in hotels may consist of gyms. In contrast, Resorts provide every activity a hotel provides and many other activities that a particular hotel cannot provide because of its location, like scenic views.
- Resorts are famous destinations, whereas a hotel is a place that connects the traveller and the destination.
- Hotels are designed to offer sleep and some offerings like meals, spas, gyms and many more, whereas Resorts are designed to provide relaxation to the people.
- Hotels can also have some resort properties like added entertainment, but these would differ from the resorts.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.