Nintendo is a Japan-based multinational electronics firm. Nintendo switch and animal crossing editions are some of the popular video consoles and games launched by this video game company.
This company is known for the launch of a lot of successful video consoles and multiplayer games. This multinational firm has a high place in the Japanese industry, and it is the wealthiest company.
- Nintendo Switch and Animal Crossing Edition are both gaming consoles, but Nintendo Switch is a hybrid console, while Animal Crossing Edition is a special edition console of Nintendo Switch.
- The difference lies in the color scheme, design, and packaging. Animal Crossing Edition has pastel green and blue Joy-Con controllers, a dock with Tom Nook and friends, and a custom design on the back of the console.
- Nintendo Switch has more options for customization, supports different controllers, and has a wider range of games. Animal Crossing Edition is recommended for fans of the Animal Crossing series who want a unique design.
Nintendo Switch vs Animal Crossing Edition
The difference between the Nintendo switch and the animal crossing edition is that switch is the successor of Wii U, and it was released in 2017. In contrast, the animal crossing edition is one of the latest video console games released in 2020. It is the successor of the Animal forest, released in 2001.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The Nintendo Wii U faced a lot of criticism and loss due to the demerits and discomforts. The organization decided to release another new version that has rectified all the issues.
It operates on the Nintendo Switch system software operating system. It was highly preferred and bought by a lot of gamers globally due to its user-friendly console.
Animal crossing edition is a socially stimulating video game that is highly popular and enjoyed by several gamers worldwide. This commercially successful series has sold out more than 60 million units.
Initially, it was introduced in 2001, and ever since, five versions of this series have been released globally and achieved an international hit.
|Parameters Of Comparison||Nintendo Switch||Animal Crossing Edition|
|Year of launch||It was released in the year 2017, succeeding and addressing the demerits of the Nintendo Wii U.||It was launched in 2020, and it is the fifth launch in this animal forest edition series.|
|Number of players||It supports up to eight players to play this game.||It can be played both by a single person or multiple persons.|
|Battery life||Its Lithium-ion battery power of 3.7 W provides a higher battery life of 2.5 hours to 6.5 hours.||This has an extremely high battery period of about nine hours.|
|Storage space||It requires an ultimately higher storage space of 128 GB.||Storage space of 6.4 GB is sufficient to accommodate and install this game.|
|Compatibility||It is compatible with an android or an ios device.||It is compatible with android os 5.0, the newer versions of it, and the pixel versions.|
What is Nintendo Switch?
Nintendo Switch is a hybrid multiplayer game console launched as the successor of the Nintendo Wii U. This is a hybrid console that can satisfy the needs of the users in multiple ways.
It is highly region-free and doesn’t restrict players from across regions to play.
It has a wireless joystick consisting of a three-port USB. This handheld device is portable and highly user-friendly.
The input devices present are analog sticks and standard buttons. It is an eighth-generation video console that operates on motion sensing techniques.
It operates on the Nintendo switch operating system and has an internal storage space of 32 GB. With a width of 173 mm, a height of 102 mm, and 14 mm, it is the fastest-selling console in Japan and the United States. The console comprises an optical disc drive.
With three USB ports, the CPU operates at a speed of 4 * 2 GHz. The Nintendo Switch is much lighter in weight. This highly successful and fast-selling console was introduced in 2017.
With a power of 3.7 V, the built-in Lithium-ion battery accounts for a high battery life of about 2.5 to 6.5 hours. Over 79 million units of the Nintendo Switch have been bought globally.
What is Animal Crossing Edition?
It is the fifth series in the animal forest edition. The game works as defined below.
The character moves to a deserted island after he purchasing a getaway package from Tom Nook. This character is monitored and controlled by the player.
The player gets to develop and enhance the island.
They get to establish a community on the island by purchasing different things. The development of this video game began long back in 2012.
It won several awards like the Game of the Year at the 2020 Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards, the 2020 Japan Game Awards. It also ultimately won Best Family Game.
It is the second-highest and the sixteenth highest-selling video game in the Nintendo series and several histories respectively.
The “trigger of play” and the “imagination gap” concepts are used along with arts and graphics to make it luring and pleasing to the eyes.
The game was supposed to be released at an earlier stage but that was not possible which lead to a loss of one billion US dollars.
Main Differences Between Nintendo Switch and Animal Crossing Edition
- Nintendo Switch is the enhanced version of the Nintendo Wii U introduced in the year 2017. Animal crossing edition is one of the animal forest edition versions, and it was the latest version being launched in 2020.
- Nintendo Switch has a battery period with a lifespan of 2.5 to 6.5 hours. Animal crossing edition has a battery period with a high lifespan of nine hours.
- A maximum of eight players can use the Nintendo switch. Animal crossing edition can either be played individually or by several players.
- Nintendo Switch requires 128 GB of storage space. In contrast, the Animal crossing edition can be used with a smaller storage space of 6 GB.
- Nintendo Switch sold about 79 million units, whereas Animal crossing edition sold about more than 60 million units.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.