Clothing plays a very important role in one’s life in today’s date. It has become an important part of one’s life. The types of clothes, the styles, the brand and the trends that a person wears, tend to tell a lot about the person.
Among the various clothing that exists, jeans is the most common and popular one. Jeans have been known to be worn by mankind for a long time now. Now that jeans have easily entered the commercial market, they are various varieties of jeans available. Jeans today come in various colours, fits and styles.
Since there are so many different varieties of jeans they are called by different names, so that it is easy to distinguish them. A few of the many varieties are low rise, flare, bell bottoms, boot cut, high waist, mid-rise and so on. These are mostly made up of denim or cotton with denim, or latex with denim. The two very common kinds of jeans are Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans.
Skinny Jeans vs Carrot Jeans
The difference between Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans is that Skinny jeans are tight around the lower body and take the shape of the person’s lower body. Carrot Jeans are looser in their upper portion. They have a unique design that highlights the looseness of the crotch area till the knee.
Comparison Table Between Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans
|Parameter of Comparison||Skinny Jeans||Carrot Jeans|
|Fit||The fit of Skinny jeans is tight around the lower body. It takes the shape of the person wearing it.||The fit of Carrot Jeans is loose on the crotch area whereas the remaining lower body is quite fit.|
|Comfort Level||Skinny Jeans are tight in fit and are not very comfortable to wear.||Carrot Jeans are more comfortable compared to all other kinds of jeans|
|Popularity||Skinny Jeans is very popular among all the people, be it young or old.||Carrot Jeans is a new concept, hence it has not gained much popularity.|
|Origin||Skinny Jeans have originated from the Mughlai Churidars, that was tight in the area below the knee.||Carrot Jeans have originated very recently and are still now very widely accepted in the fashion industry.|
|Suitable For||Skinny jeans are suitable for women.||Carrot jeans are most suitable for both women and men.|
|Acceptance||Skinny Jeans have been widely accepted in the fashion world and are commonly seen being used by fashion icons.||Carrot Jeans are very new in the fashion world and have still not been widely accepted in the fashion world.|
What are Skinny Jeans?
Skinny Jeans are one of the most popular kinds of Jeans that exist. They have gained immense popularity throughout the world and most of the fashion icons are seen wearing them. This kind of jeans gets their name from its look, meaning that the fit of such jeans is skinny.
Skinny Jeans are made up of a material composed of latex or any kind of stretchable thread so that there is elasticity in the jeans. The jeans fit tight throughout the body. They are often scrunched up at the ankles. They tend to take the shape of the body of the person wearing it.
Skinny Jeans are often also known as pegs, stovepipes, skinny pants, cigarette pants, Asian tight pants and so on. There are various styles and colours available in Skinny Jeans. Both men and women wear such jeans.
What are Carrot Jeans?
Carrot Jeans as the name suggest are in the shape of a carrot. They resemble quite like skinny jeans. They are loose on the top and the crotch area and are narrow from the calf down. The fit of the jeans is designed in such a way that it is very comfortable to wear.
Carrot Jeans have come into existence quite recently. They are gaining popularity but are still not widely accepted in the fashion world. Famous Jeans companies like Levi’s and Diesel have recently launched Carrot Jeans under their brand names. They have launched them for both men and women and in various colours.
Main Differences Between Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans
- Skinny Jeans are tight around the lower body and take the shape of the lower body of the person wearing it while on the other hand Carrot Jeans are loose on the crotch area till the knee and fit in the lower areas.
- Skinny jeans are very tight in the fit which makes it uncomfortable to wear, whereas Carrot Jeans are designed keeping in mind the comfort and hence are very comfortable to wear.
- Skinny Jeans are very popular among all the people, be it young or old and are seen worn by most of the fashion icons whereas on the other hand Carrot Jeans are relatively a new concept and are not very popular yet.
- Skinny Jeans came into existence a long time ago and are inspired by the Mughlai Churidars, that was tight in the area below the knee whereas, on the other hand, Carrot Jeans have come into existence quite recently.
- Skinny Jeans have gained acceptance throughout the fashion world, across globes, while on the other hand, Carrot Jeans have not been accepted much in the fashion world.
- Skinny Jeans enhance the figure of the person wearing them whereas on the other hand Carrot Jeans are loose and do not help to enhance the shape of the person wearing them.
Jeans have become one of the most popular forms of clothing in today’s world. They are worn by both men and women. They are popular among both old and young people. Because of the popularity of Jeans, there exist various kinds of jeans.
Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans are quite similar kinds of jeans made up of denim. The major difference between the two is that Skinny Jeans are tight around the lower body while on the other hand, Carrot Jeans are loose on the crotch area up until the knee.
Table of Contents