Clothing plays a very important role in one’s life today. It has become an important part of one’s life.
The types of clothes, the styles, the brand, and the trends that a person wears tend to tell a lot about the person.
Among the various clothing that exists, jeans are the most common and popular one. Jeans have been known to be worn by mankind for a long time now.
Now that jeans have easily entered the commercial market, various varieties of jeans are available. Jeans today come in various colors, fits, and styles.
Since there are so many varieties of jeans, they are called by different names, making it easy to distinguish them.
The two very common kinds of jeans are Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans.
- Skinny jeans are form-fitting pants that hug the leg from hip to ankle, while Carrot jeans are tapered pants that are loose around the hips and thighs but narrow towards the ankles.
- Skinny jeans are more fitting and ideal for a slim or athletic body shape, whereas Carrot jeans are ideal for those with larger thighs and hips.
- Skinny jeans are often made of stretchy denim, while Carrot jeans are made of more rigid denim or cotton material.
Skinny Jeans vs. Carrot Jeans
Skinny jeans are form-fitting jeans that taper towards the ankle, skinny jeans have a tight fit through the hip and thigh and a low to mid-rise waist. Carrot jeans are looser-fitting jeans that are tapered at the ankle, they have a relaxed fit through the hip and thigh and a higher waist.
|Parameter of Comparison||Skinny Jeans||Carrot Jeans|
|Fit||The fit of Skinny jeans is tight around the lower body. It takes the shape of the person wearing it.||The fit of Carrot Jeans is loose on the crotch area, whereas the remaining lower body is quite fit.|
|Comfort Level||Skinny Jeans are tight in fit and are not very comfortable to wear.||Carrot Jeans are more comfortable compared to all other kinds of jeans|
|Popularity||Skinny Jeans are very popular among all people, be they young or old.||Carrot Jeans are a new concept. Hence it has not gained much popularity.|
|Origin||Skinny Jeans originated from the Mughlai Churidars, that was tight in the area below the knee.||Carrot Jeans have originated recently and are still widely accepted in the fashion industry.|
|Suitable For||Skinny jeans are suitable for women.||Carrot jeans are most suitable for both women and men.|
|Acceptance||Skinny Jeans have been widely accepted in the fashion world and are commonly seen being used by fashion icons.||Carrot Jeans are very new in the fashion world and have still not been widely accepted in the fashion world.|
What are Skinny Jeans?
Skinny Jeans are one of the most popular kinds of Jeans that exist. They have gained immense popularity worldwide, and most fashion icons are seen wearing them.
This kind of jeans gets its name from its look, meaning that the fit of such jeans is skinny.
Skinny Jeans are made up of a material composed of latex or any kind of stretchable thread so that there is elasticity in the jeans.
The jeans fit tight throughout the body. They are often scrunched up at the ankles. They tend to take the shape of the body of the person wearing them.
Skinny Jeans are often also known as pegs, stovepipes, skinny pants, cigarette pants, Asian tight pants, etc.
There are various styles and colors available in Skinny Jeans. Both men and women wear such jeans.
What are Carrot Jeans?
Carrot Jeans, as the name suggests, are in the shape of a carrot. They resemble quite skinny jeans. They are loose on the top and the crotch area and are narrow from the calf down.
The fit of the jeans is designed in such a way that it is very comfortable to wear.
Carrot Jeans have come into existence quite recently. They are gaining popularity but are still not widely accepted in the fashion world.
Famous Jeans companies like Levi’s and Diesel have recently launched Carrot Jeans under their brand names. They have launched them for both men and women and in various colors.
Main Differences Between Skinny Jeans and Carrot Jeans
- Skinny Jeans are tight around the lower body and take the shape of the lower body of the person wearing them, while on the other hand, Carrot Jeans are loose on the crotch area till the knee and fit in the lower areas.
- Skinny jeans are very tight in fit, which makes them uncomfortable to wear, whereas Carrot Jeans are designed keeping in mind the comfort and hence are very comfortable to wear.
- Skinny Jeans are very popular among all people, be they young or old, and are seen worn by most fashion icons, whereas, on the other hand, Carrot Jeans are a relatively new concept and are not very popular yet.
- Skinny Jeans came into existence a long time ago and are inspired by the Mughlai Churidars, that was tight in the area below the knee, whereas, on the other hand, Carrot Jeans have come into existence quite recently.
- Skinny Jeans have gained acceptance throughout the fashion world across the globe, while on the other hand, Carrot Jeans have not been accepted much in the fashion world.
- Skinny Jeans enhance the figure of the person wearing them, whereas, on the other hand, Carrot Jeans are loose and do not help to enhance the shape of the person wearing them.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.