Shopping for the perfect pair of jeans is always a big hassle that never ends. People always are confused with the different types of jeans- Skinny jeans or Slim jeans always seem to be the root of all confusion. But, no one is sure what these two mean and how much they vary. Individual brands have individual sizes and their very own definition of skinny jeans or slim jeans. Different brands might end up having different sizes for their skinny jeans or slim jeans. However, if you take account of a single brand, you will be able to differentiate the skinny and the slim fit jeans of the brand.
Skinny Jeans vs Slim Jeans
The difference between skinny jeans and slim jeans lies in their size. When worn, you will feel that skinny jeans are narrow. The jeans will cling on to you and give you shape. On the other hand, slim jeans are comparatively wider and will not cling to you as much as skinny jeans.
Comparison Table Between Skinny Jeans and Slim Jeans
|Parameters of Comparison||Skinny Jeans||Slim Jeans|
|Tightness||Skinny Jeans are extremely tight on your body.||Slim jeans may be tight, but they are nothing when compared to skinny jeans.|
|Style||Skinny jeans are extremely stylish right now.||Slim Jeans were in style a couple of years back, but right now it is not as much in demand as skinny jeans|
|Place of wearing||Skinny Jeans are meant for parties and outings.||Slim jeans are now worn to many formal places|
|Movement||You cannot move your legs as much as you want in skinny jeans.||Though there is a little restriction, you can still move your legs.|
|Pairing||With skinny jeans, you can wear loose fitted tops or shirts.||With slim jeans, people usually pair tight-fitted tops or shirts|
What are Skinny Jeans?
Slim jeans have been in fashion for a long period of time. Skinny jeans originated from the slim jeans back in the 1970s when the rockstars of that age started o wear these tight jeans. It did not take very long before the normal people took up this trend too and started wearing them.
It did run out of style one day. But, decades later Avril Lavigne brought them back to fashion again and now our new generation cannot stop wearing these skinny jeans!
The skinny jeans help in sculpting your hips and legs. Your body looks thinner than it is as the jeans hug on to your body. Your legs look longer. For these very reasons, skinny jeans are much loved by people. A common study shows that people find skinny jeans attractive to other people too.
But, the skinny jeans might sometimes be a little too tight and often do not allow free movement according to your will. It might get tough for you if you are wearing skinny jeans while playing or doing any other activity that requires running.
Since it is in high demand, people often complain about finding that perfect pair of skinny jeans.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women's Modern Skinny Jean, Immaculate-Waterless, 10||Check Price on Amazon|
|Signature by Levi Strauss & Co Women's Totally Shaping Pull On Skinny Jeans, Harmony, 14 Medium||Check Price on Amazon|
|Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women's Totally Shaping Skinny Jeans, cape town, 14...||Check Price on Amazon|
What are Slim Jeans?
Slim jeans are something that has originally been influenced by the ‘churidars’ that the Mughal emperors wore. It is said that these were quite tight compared to the loosely fitted pants of the British men.
From thereafter many alterations, experiments, and changes- slim jeans finally came into being.
Skinny jeans originated from these slim jeans, but slim jeans are not as narrow fitted as skinny jeans. There are many types of slim jeans you can buy according to your liking. They might be tight but they do allow free movement. You can completely wear slim jeans for any activity. You can run in them too. These pants have become more formal now and people wear these to their office too.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Weatherproof Vintage Men's Slim Fit Super-Soft Stretch Denim Jeans, Five Pocket||Check Price on Amazon|
|Levi's Men's 512 Slim Taper Fit Jeans, Native Cali - Stretch, 32W x 32L||Check Price on Amazon|
|Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean, Throttle - Stretch, 32W x 32L||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Skinny Jeans and Slim Jeans
- Skinny jeans hug your legs. For this very reason, it gives you the shape of the legs you want and deserve. They help in sculpting your body and make it look thinner than it is! On the other hand, slim jeans might be tight, but they do not hold onto your body. For this reason, they do not provide shape correction as much as skinny jeans do.
- Skinny jeans do not let you move freely. As they hung onto your body, you cannot move your legs or the down part of your body for that matter, freely. On the other hand, if you want to walk around and move with ease and at the same time wear something that makes you look good- slim jeans are always the ideal option.
- If you are planning for a fun outing that requires activity on your part, you should steer clear of skinny jeans. On the other hand, wearing slim jeans will let you take part freely in all games and activities.
- Skinny jeans are just themselves and have no other types under them. But, slim jeans have four divisions under them. The four types are Athletic, Taper, Straight, and Boot-cut.
- Skinny jeans being narrower than any other jeans can be stretched too. But, slim jeans cannot be always stretched as much as skinny jeans.
Skinny jeans and slim jeans are both very fashionable types of jeans. Jeans are something that is worn by almost everyone today. The jeans which came into being back in 1873, have now been categorized into many types. Out of the many categories, skinny and slim jeans are the two types that are very much in style today. People want to wear skinny jeans as it gives proper shape to their bodies and makes them look more attractive. However, it is a bit problematic to move around in these. For this reason, people also opt for slim jeans which allow them to move about freely. These jeans are not as tight as the skinny ones and thus it does not sculpt your body as much as the skinny jeans.
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 1 Skinny Jeans vs Slim Jeans
- 2 Comparison Table Between Skinny Jeans and Slim Jeans
- 3 What are Skinny Jeans?
- 4 What are Slim Jeans?
- 5 Main Differences Between Skinny Jeans and Slim Jeans
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 References