Clothes safeguard us from the cold or heat, as well as act as a protective barrier, keeping contagious and hazardous items away from us.
Clothing also shields us from the sun’s harmful rays.
Clothes vary in different states and regions. Nowadays clothes have also become a symbol of fashion and status, among all these clothes Jeans are very popular among men and women.
It comes under different designs and brands and suitable for all age groups.
- High-rise jeans have a waistline above the natural waist, while mom jeans have a high waist and a more relaxed fit through the hips and thighs.
- Mom jeans usually feature tapered legs, whereas high-rise jeans can have various leg styles, including straight, flared, or skinny.
- High-rise jeans are more versatile in styling options, while mom jeans have a distinctly vintage aesthetic.
High Rise Jeans vs Mom Jeans
High-rise jeans have a waistline that sits at or above the belly button, which creates a tight and elevated waistline that accentuates the body’s curves. Mom jeans have a high waist that sits above the hips, with a loose and comfortable fit that provides a more relaxed and casual look.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Women choose High Rise Jeans because they highlight the length of the wearer’s legs and give them a curvier figure. It also hides a potential stomach in ladies.
High Rise Jeans are not much popular among men since they are uncomfortable and can cause bulging at times. High-Rise Jeans in Western culture usually have long zippers, spanning from 7 to 10 inches in length, and leaving the belly fully hidden or scarcely visible.
One of the most adaptable pieces of trousers you can have is a pair of Mom Jeans. The legs tend to be a bit baggier, giving a casual yet attractive figure, thanks to the high waist and extended zipper.
Women of various ages have appreciated these comfy trousers. Pleats, tapering legs, ankle-length legs, and elastic waistbands are all common features of the design of Mom Jeans.
|Parameters of Comparison||High Rise Jeans||Mom Jeans|
|Ideal body shape||An apple body shape||Hourglass shapes|
|Became Popular in||1970’s||1980’s.|
|Material Used||Polyester and Nylon||100% cotton, however, polyester jeans are also available|
|Best Feature||Assist in the reduction of any bulge at the waistline||They are waist-defining since they perch high on the waistline.|
|Brand||Everlane. Levi’s. Universal Standard. Madewell etc.||Levi’s Wedgie Straight Fit Jeans, Zara Mom Fit Jean, Bershka Mom Jeans., AE Relaxed Mom Jean, etc.|
What are High Rise Jeans?
High-Rise Jeans, unsurprisingly, have the maximum space between the waistline and the crotch seam, they’re about 12 to 13 inches long.
However, some High-Rise Jeans have an even wider separation among these two sections.
High-Rise Jeans are thought to have gained popularity in the 1970s. Models wore them frequently at runway shows at the time, prompting the general public to buy and wear them.
High-Rise jeans were fashionable in the 1980s and 1990s, especially among women.
While their reputation has waned in recent years, many females still favor these jeans for their distinctive look.
Wearing High-Rise not only glam –up your looks, but it also offers some special benefits such as:
1. It has a classic look that you won’t find in low-rise or medium-rise jeans.
2. Increases the visibility of your jeans, which is beneficial if you’re wearing good-quality denim.
3. There is a multitude of shades and designs to choose from.
How To Style High Rise Jeans, there are different styles and ways in which you can style your High Rise Jeans, few are given below:
-Tuck in your top: Almost any style will work in High Rise Jeans. However, you can tuck your plaid lumberjack shirts, lengthy tops, or your favorite t-shirt so, that it will add up t the look.
-Tops that are very snug fitting is not advisable: A snug-fitting top composed of a lot of fabric will clash with High-Rise pants, which have volume and give a lot of coverage.
-Wearing too revealing bras or crop tops is not advisable: It looks attractive to pair full-coverage High Rise Jeans pants with bra tops, however displaying too much skin is never a flattering choice. And if you do, take care that it’s something you feel at ease in.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Levi's Women's Ribcage Straight Ankle Jeans, (New) Black Rinse, 28||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Wrangler womens High Rise True Straight Fit Jeans, Stockton, 16-32 US||Check Price on Amazon|
What are Mom Jeans?
The Mom Jeans comes from the fact that these vintage jean were famous among the mothers in the 1980s and 1990s. It’s back with a vengeance, and it’s a lot cooler than you think.
It features a loose fit and sits higher on the waist.
They’re loose across the thighs but narrow down to a slimmer leg, so they don’t look as baggy overall. The border is frequently folded to just above the ankle.
The large back pockets help to elongate and flatten the bum.
Mom Jeans are mostly worn as they are comfortable and it also adds up to your style, However, the wearer is also benefitted by wearing Mom Jeans, some benefits such are:
1. Comfortable Baggy with No-Pinch Sit.
2. A Mom Jean’s waistband is made of elastic that makes the dressing hasty.
3. Cheaper and Affordable.
How To Style Your Mom Jeans, Mom Jeans are comfy and cool, lets’s see how to style them:
-You can wear Mom Jeans with a simple top and white sneakers: If you want an effortless appearance, a white t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers are usually a good choice.
– A pair of faded Mom jeans and a jacket: Mom Jeans plus a leather jacket, this is a great combination for a trendy and cool style.
– You can wear your Mom jeans with a smart button-up and a pair of loafers. Pick up a pair of loafers and a white button-down for an ultra-chic appearance.
This is the ultimate “cool chick” style, and it’s ideal for days when you want to look fashionable and sophisticated while simultaneously maintaining a relaxed mood.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women's Curvy Totally Shaping Straight Jeans, Blue Ice...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Levi's Women's High Waisted Mom Jeans, Summer Games-Medium Indigo, 30||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between High Rise Jeans and Mom Jeans
1. High Rise Jeans are less comfortable as compared to Mom Jeans, and women prefer to wear Mom Jeans at home as well.
2. High-Rise Jeans come in a variety of styles and can be worn with a variety of accessories. Whereas, Mom Jeans are ideal for casual wear and comfy looks.
3. High Rise Jeans are worn by Jennifer Lopez, Taylor Swift, Bella Thorne, etc. whereas, Mom Jeans are worn by Kendall Jenner, Emily Ratajkowski, Cindy Crawford, etc.
4. High Rise Jeans have a tight fit as compared to Mom Jeans.
5. High-Rise Jeans are popular because of their comfort and form-flattering qualities, whereas Mom Jeans are famous because they are easy to wear and very comfortable.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.