The popularity of online streaming platforms has grown steadily over the last two decades. The audience of multiplexes has switched almost entirely to OTT services. Content, quality, stories, and so on are all huge, and they are streamed in multiple languages.
Also, specialized music streaming sites have also been developed. Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Zee5, ALTBalaji, and others are examples of online streaming platforms, while gaana, Hungama Play, Amazon Prime Music, JioSaavn, Spotify, Resso, and others are examples of music streaming platforms that are available for audiences.
Amazon Prime vs Spotify
The main difference between Amazon Prime and Spotify is that amazon prime is the platform that includes all the services of the Prime membership provided by Amazon. The early delivery, shopping sales on Amazon, eligible for watching Amazon Originals on Prime Video, as well as can stream unlimited music on Amazon Prime Music. While comparatively, on the other hand, Spotify is the platform that was developed to stream unlimited audio music, podcasts, etc.
Amazon Prime is a platform or service offered by the online retailer Amazon. The user who has a prime subscription has access to all of the company’s other sub-brands. It’s a one-time purchase for users, and they’ll get a bonus of free delivery whether they order from Amazon or Pantry.
Spotify is a website that allows you to stream music from an online music collection. Music genres include EDM, Pop, Instrumental, Romantic, Sad, Happy, and a variety of others. The music library can be found by searching for artists, albums, song titles, and so on. The site has nearly 300 million users, including both free and paid users.
Comparison Table Between Amazon Prime and Spotify
|Parameters of Comparison||Amazon Prime||Spotify|
|Description||A platform that provides users to avail the premium services of Amazon along with many other subsidiary services.||A platform that provides their users to access limitless online music libraries and podcasts.|
|Launched In||February 2005||October 2008|
|Type of Site||Subscription||Music Streaming|
|Active Users||200 million+ users||350 million + users in total|
|Sub-Brands||Prime Music, Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Prime Pantry, Prime Reading, and many others||There are no such sub-brands available for it|
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a subscription-based service offered by Amazon to its most affluent customers. In February 2005, the company established and offered this service to its consumers. Users have access to free delivery or one-to-two-day delivery from Amazon’s authorized vendors. However, the company did not limit the service to Amazon; they also supplied access to the pantry, music, reading books, and games, among other things.
Amazon Prime has been classified as a subscription-based service. India, Sweden, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Belgium, France, and several other nations are among those served by the company.
Prime Music, Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Prime Pantry, Prime Reading, and several additional sub-brands of the corporation are accessible in the market. The cost of using Amazon Prime is high, depending on whether you subscribe for a month or a year.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is an online music streaming platform that allows users with a good internet connection to listen to music from their library. Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon founded the application in 2006, and it was officially launched in October 2008. With over 70 million tracks, the firm can deliver digital copyright-limited music.
The user can search for music by artist name, album, genre, and so on. The software also allows users to create, edit, and publish their self-podcasts. Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, and Linux devices are all supported by the program.
Every month, the company reported about 300 million active users, including both free and premium subscribers. Users will find the pricing range chart to be pretty inexpensive. The platform’s services are available in more than 180 countries throughout the world.
Main Differences Between Amazon Prime and Spotify
- The platform Amazon Prime is said to be a service provider where users can avail the extra or added benefits of delivery from ordering on Amazon, and it is not limited to only this, but the company also provides access to every other sub-brands that are available in the market with just one-time payment. While comparatively, on the other hand, Spotify is a platform that allows their users to listen to millions of music from different artists, albums, genres, etc. also additionally they give them the feature to create, edit, and post their podcasts.
- Amazon Prime was founded and launched in February 2005 by the company Amazon while comparatively, on the other hand, Spotify is the application that was founded in 2006 and got launched in October 2008.
- Amazon Prime is categorized as a subscription-based site while comparatively, on the other hand, Spotify is the site that is categorized under music streaming.
- The current survey recorded the active users of Amazon Prime to be approximately 200 million+ users while comparatively, on the other hand, the current survey of Spotify recorded in total (both free users as well as premium users) 300 million+ users.
- The sub-brands for Amazon Video include – Prime Music, Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Prime Pantry, Prime Reading, and many others, while comparatively, on the other hand, for Spotify, there are no such sub-brands.
- For more information related to Amazon Prime, the person may visit www. amazon. in a while comparatively, on the other hand, for further information related to Spotify, the person may visit www.Spotify.in.
- The price for Amazon Prime based on monthly or yearly is quite high while comparatively, on the other hand, the price list of the Spotify based on monthly or quarterly is cheap and affordable.
To summarise the preceding topic, it can be concluded that the popularity of online movie watching, music listening, and other activities has primarily increased in recent decades. As a result, numerous businesses have developed their streaming platforms. The audience switched from theatres to OTT platforms as a result of the revolution. The release of unfiltered, great story content, vivid thoughts, and issues was another crucial factor in such platforms’ success.
With such platforms, many young and old talents have been discovered and given their due recognition. In addition to these outlets, music streaming has become increasingly popular in the market. People were enthralled by the idea of a single platform with virtually every song available. And their features were enhanced throughout time based on the relevancy and necessity of the users.