Nowadays, safety and security have become an issue and an important part of living. Especially when it comes to securing the house or a building where anyone can easily have access.
Table of Contents
Therefore several security measures have been invented to make sure the place is comfortable and safe. Among these are doorbells.
Now earlier some bells need to be pressed several times and then only you’ll know if someone has arrived, but nowadays crime such as thieves is increasing so much that they bells are not safe enough to provide the protection.
Hence, electronic ring bells were invented. There are many types of electronic ring bells, such as Ring and Ring 2.
Ring vs Ring 2
The main difference between ring and ring 2 is that the ring was introduced first, and the ring was introduced later. Due to this ring had many issues that were resolved in ring 2. They differ in terms of field view ring provide 180° horizontal, 160° vertical field-of-view whereas ring 2 provide 160° horizontal, 90° vertical field-of-view. Apart from this they also differ in sizes, the ring comes in 4.98 x 2.43 x 0.87 inches or 12.65 x 6.17 x 2.21 cm while ring 2 comes in 5.05 x 2.50 x 1.08 inches or 12.83 x 6.35 x 2.74 cm. The ring is more affordable as it does not offer advanced features, while ring 2 is more expensive as it offers better security.
It is the first doorbell manufactured by the ring company. The battery life of the ring is a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months.
It is also called Ring 1. It is very affordable, and due to which most people go for this budget-friendly option.
Ring 2 is another electronic doorbell manufactured by Ring Company, owned by Amazon. It provides high-quality video and pictures.
It comes with a removable battery and interchangeable color plates. It is used for having good quality video providing more security as compared to their advanced doorbell it is also cheap.
Comparison Table Between Ring and Ring 2
|Parameters of Comparison||Ring||Ring 2|
|Video Resolution||720p HD||1080p HD|
|Power Source||Internal Battery||Removable Battery|
|Colors||Four choices of finish||Two interchangeable choice|
|Issues||Several bugs||No such issues|
What is Ring?
Ring doorbell is an electronic doorbell that connects to the wifi. It comes with a kit that makes it easy to install. Ring provides a decent quality of video and pictures for the price paid.
To change the batteries of the ring, they have to be removed every time. It’s like reinstalling the doorbell all over again. Although it might not be an issue as the batteries survive for quite a long period.
The battery of this model can survive for a long duration as it offers a medium level of video resolution, which results in saving a lot of battery.
This provides good field view, although some user does not consider this an important factor.
There fours options of colors this doorbell offer, but they cannot be changed afterward. This rind bell is mostly used due to its affordable price.
It serves the basic function of an electronic doorbell, and it is the cheapest as compared to other models.
Lastly, this model has lots of bugs and issues that were resolved in later models. But still, it is a good option for budget-friendly people.
What is Ring 2?
Ring 2 is the second model manufactured by the ring company. It is also connected with the wifi and comes along with an installation kit.
It provides good quality video and pictures that can capture a large distance clearly.
Along with this, they come with rechargeable and removable batteries, and you don’t have to remove the doorbells to install the new batteries that save a lot of energy and time.
Batteries can sometimes be over in a minimum period as the high quality of videos can use more battery. It can be used for the capturing of large field views as compared to the earlier view.
It comes in different colors, but the main advantage is that the colors can be changed with the faceplates after purchasing it, or it can be painted later on.
The cost of it is reasonable although it is not very affordable then it also offers advanced features.
The main quality of this is that when ring 2 was introduced, all the major changes and bugs present in previous models were resolved to make it better.
Main Differences Between Ring and Ring 2
- The main and major difference between ring and ring 2 is in video resolution. The ring has 720p HD, while ring 2 has 1080p HD. The ring can’t provide a good quality image as compared to ring 2. Sometimes, they give the blurry image form which the identification of an individual is difficult, and therefore ring 2 is better than it.
- Both of the rings indeed have rechargeable batteries, but the difference is in the difficulty you have to face while recharging it. For the ring, it is difficult to recharge the battery, while in ring 2, it is a quite easier process as the whole device does not need to be removed for it.
- Ring 2 also has an advantage when it comes to color choice. The ring can be purchased in 4 colors, they are Venetian Bronze, Polished Brass, Antique Brass, and Satin Nickel, whereas Ring 2 can be changed into more colors as it comes with 2 different faceplates. This option is not available in the ring. Therefore you are stuck with one color.
- When it comes to battery life, ring and ring 2 both have a similar lifespan, but it is observed that as ring 2 has high video resolution, the battery is more like to get over in minimum duration. While the ring is mostly used for a maximum period of 12 months.
- Lastly, in terms of issues, ring 2 is better than the ring. The ring has several bugs which include, motion detection, false alerts, etc., as ring 2 was developed after it resolves all of the bugs present in the ring.
With all of the above information and differences, there should not be difficult while making the best choice among them.
Both of them provide a level of safety to the user, and both of them are manufactured for the same job.
Both of them can protect up to a level as they are not advanced enough like other devices.
But to improve their ring have also introduced more advanced ring bells with better functions and utilization.
Moreover, both of them are a good investment for the building, especially houses. They are a lot less expensive than other devices and hence can be easily afforded by people.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️