Gaming, music, movies, apps, live streams, free games, and many more are available and possible on one console.
Xbox and PS are both such consoles that give you many similar facilities. Both gadgets are compatible with Hard disks and USB devices at the same price.
- Xbox and PS are two popular gaming consoles that have several differences. Xbox is developed by Microsoft, while Sony develops PS. Xbox has broader multimedia capabilities, while PS has more exclusive game titles.
- Both consoles have different controllers. Xbox controllers are generally larger and have asymmetrical joysticks, while PS controllers are smaller and have symmetrical joysticks. Xbox supports backward compatibility, allowing players to play older games, while PS has a subscription service called PlayStation Now for older games.
- The hardware specifications of the two consoles differ from each other. Xbox has a slightly better processor and graphics card, while PS has a faster SSD and better 3D audio. The price of the two consoles also differs, with Xbox being slightly cheaper than PS.
Xbox vs PS
The difference between Xbox and PS is that their games. Xbox games are available on PC; we can access other PC games with it. But we cannot access PC games or their games on PC with PS. But it has unique game options that are not available anywhere else.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
PS provides more gaming choices with its free version PS Plus, whereas Xbox has limited options.
|Parameter of Comparison||Xbox||PS|
|Owner Company||Microsoft Corporation.||Sony Interactive Entertainment.|
|Product Description||Xbox has been a Home Video gaming firm since 2001.||PS has been a Home Video gaming firm since 1994.|
|Games on PC||Xbox provides Console and Games with Gold. It has those available on PC.||PlayStation offers its unique Console, VR, and PS Plus games. It does not avail PC games.|
|Free games||The ‘Xbox Games with Gold’ feature offers limited free game options.||Multiple alternatives are available for free games with the ‘PS Plus feature.|
|VR Headset||Xbox does not support VR.||Xbox does support and is compatible with the VR headset.|
|Weight||Xbox is heavier than PlayStation, which is 2.9 to 3.81 kg.||PlayStation weighs from 2.1 to 3.3 kg, which is lighter than Xbox.|
|Top Games||Gears 5, Minecraft Dungeons.||Gran Turismo, Dreams|
|Latest Model Launched (Both released in November 2020)||The Xbox Series console has a simple, big box-shaped body that needs more space than PlayStation.||The PS5 console has a slim, attractive, glossy, and thin body, which takes less space than Xbox.|
|Website Interface||Attractive and informative. Focusing more on games.||Creative, informative, and moving pictures are used in the interface. The site focuses both on the console as well as games equally.|
|Home Consoles||Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X.||PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PlayStation Pro.|
What is Xbox?
Xbox has been one of the well-known video-gaming consoles in the market since 2001. The company is a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation.
It has created many gaming consoles, live streaming, and console generations. Console first generation: Xbox, second generation: Xbox 360, third generation: Xbox One S and Xbox One X, and fourth generation: Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X are the Xbox console generations.
On 10th November 2020, Xbox Series S and Series X were released, the latest version of the Xbox console generation. The model is box-like shaped with a simple body requiring a quiet space.
Xbox weighs from 2.9 kg to 3.81 kg. Xbox has its own ‘Xbox System Software’ to host it on any PC or TV. It also launched its Xbox Family Settings App preview in May 2020.
The application will help with children’s settings, timings, and weekly reports for harmless gaming.
The website is user-friendly. It focuses more on the games it provides. Gears 5 and Minecraft Dungeons. Although unfortunately, it does not support VR (virtual reality) service.
The free gaming service is provided by its Xbox with a Gold feature.
What is PS?
PlayStation is one of the world’s top-most and most affordable video gaming consoles. It was developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment in 1994.
Since then, it has had a unique games collection unavailable on PC. The website is precise with detailed information and has slides or moving pictures on its interface.
It has presented its console and games in a very creative way, attracting users to it. Also, it has created a range of gaming consoles, live streams, easy to grip controllers.
PS, PS 1, PS 2, PS 3, PS 4, PS 5, and PS Pro are the PlayStation consoles introduced by the PlayStation firm.
Initially, it produced PS, PS Analog Joystick, and Dual Analog Controller (Trending in that period). After that, it launched exclusive controllers like DualShock Series, Sixaxis, and PlayStation Move.
The most acclaimed games on PS are Gran Turismo and Dreams. It even has Marvel’s Spider-Man game which is a big boom.
The latest console launched on 12th and 19th November 2020, PlayStation 5, has the slimmest, glossy and thin body that consumes small space.
It supports VR headsets, PS consoles, and PS Plus (free) features. It is light in weight.
System supportive software are PlayStation 3 System Software, PlayStation Portable System Software, XrossMediaBar, LiveArea, and Linux Operating Systems (for PS 2 and PS 3).
Main Differences Between Xbox and PS
- Xbox has to avail a distinct collection to play on PC. Whereas PS does not.
- PS has a unique collection of games that are not available anywhere else. Conversely, Xbox games are available on PC.
- Xbox free games with gold have limited choices, but PS Plus free provides multiple options.
- Xbox does not support VR; however, PS has a VR headset with VR games.
- Xbox weighs approximately 2.9 to 3.81 kg and PS 2.1 to 3.3 kg, which means it is lighter than Xbox.
- The interface of Xbox is informative and games-focused. Whereas the PS interface is filled with moving, changing pictures, a lot more attractive than Xbox. It also has equally presented consoles and games on the site.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.