Currently, Google Checkout is only used in the United States and the United Nations. However, Google may decide to enter the international market shortly. Paypal is owned by eBay, a well-known online auction site.
Paypal takes the lead when dealing with foreign transactions. However, it has been in the spotlight in the worldwide market as well, with roughly 55 countries being able to use Paypal for a simple transaction.
- Google Checkout is an online payment processing service, while PayPal is a global online payment platform.
- PayPal offers a wider range of services, including peer-to-peer money transfers, business transactions, and invoicing, whereas Google Checkout was limited to online purchases.
- Google Checkout was discontinued in 2013, while PayPal continues to expand and innovate in the payments industry.
Google Checkout vs Paypal
Google Checkout is an online payment processing service that allows customers to make payments using debit or credit cards. PayPal is a service that enables customers to make and accept payments using debit or credit cards as well as balance in their PayPal account without revealing their financial details.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
In the current situation, Google Checkout is utilized extensively and solely in the United States and the United Nations. However, there is a chance that Google will opt to enter the international market shortly.
Customers can only get help from Google Checkout through emails. As a result, the requests could be addressed anywhere from a few days to a few weeks or even hours. As a result, it cannot solve problems instantly.
Paypal takes the lead in international transactions. However, it has been in the spotlight on the worldwide market as well, with roughly 55 countries having access to Paypal for a hassle-free transaction.
Paypal assists consumers via phone calls, where they are supported by representatives of cold-callers. Calling them immediately will resolve their questions and difficulties. As a result, the resolution is completed fast in this case.
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Checkout||Paypal|
|Accessible in||US, UK, and a few countries||A total of 55 countries|
|Customer service||Via call||Via Email|
|Purchase via||Debit card and credit card||Paypal balance, debit card, credit cards|
|Protection against fraud||Full protection irrespective of the amount||Protection is provided only above $50|
What is Google Checkout?
Customers must have a Google account to purchase something with Google Checkout. If someone does not already have an account, they must create one immediately.
Customers using Google Checkout can pay for goods and services using credit cards and debit cards.
Moreover, customers can only get help from Google Checkout via email. As a result, the queries may be replied to within a few days, weeks, or even hours. As a result, it can not solve the issues quickly.
Regardless of the level of fraud, Google Checkout offers complete safety to its consumers. As a result, Google takes any degree of fraud seriously and provides protection.
Google Checkout is not affiliated with eBay and is not controlled by eBay. Furthermore, it is tightly connected with Google’s advertising tools, Adsense and Adwords.
In the current environment, Google Checkout is used extensively and solely in the United States and the United Nations. However, Google may opt to capture the worldwide market shortly.
What is Paypal?
Paypal provides help to consumers via phone conversations, where they are supported by representatives of cold-callers. Calling them immediately will answer their questions and solve their difficulties.
As a result, the resolution is completed swiftly. Paypal is owned by eBay, a well-known auction site. As a result, Paypal is well-known for being tightly connected with eBay.
Paypal protects its customers from fraud, but only under certain circumstances. It only protects you if you spend more than $50 on something. Paypal will not cover any amount less than that.
Existing Paypal customers can take advantage of the convenience of purchasing without having to open a new account, while new customers are not forced to do so.
Paypal takes the lead when it comes to international transactions. However, it has been in the spotlight in the international market as well, with roughly 55 countries having access to Paypal for a hassle-free transaction.
Purchases can be made here without the need to create an account. Paypal consumers can use credit cards, debit cards, and even their PayPal wallet balance to make purchases.
Main Differences Between Google Checkout and Paypal
- Google Checkout is neither owned by eBay, nor it is closely associated with eBay. Moreover, it is closely integrated with the advertising products of Google are Adsense and Adwords. On the other hand, eBay, which is a highly popular auction site, owns Paypal. Therefore, Paypal is known to be integrated with eBay very closely.
- It is the United States and United Nations where Google Checkout is being used extensively and exclusively in the present scenario. However, there are chances that Google can decide to conquer the international market soon. On the other hand, in the case of international transactions, Paypal takes the lead. However, in the international market, it has been in the limelight as well as around 55 countries can access Paypal for a hassle-free transaction.
- Google Checkout helps its customers via emails only. Therefore, there is a chance that the queries can be answered anytime between a few days to a few weeks or even hours. Thus, here it lacks the instantaneous resolution to problems. On the other hand, the customers are given support by Paypal via calls where they are assisted by representatives or cold-callers over the phone. Calling them directly up will solve the queries and problems or people. Thus here, the resolution is made quickly.
- Irrespective of the amount of fraud, Google Checkout provides its customers full protection. Thus, any amount of fraud is taken seriously by Google, and protection is provided as well. On the other hand, Paypal protects its customers at the time of fraud but with conditions. It only provides protection when the purchase amount is more than $50. Any amount less than that is not covered by Paypal.
- To buy something from Google Checkout, the customers require a Google account. If someone doesn’t have an account, then the creation of one at the very moment is required. On the other hand, in the case of Paypal, the existing customers can avail themselves of the advantage of doing hassle-free purchasing, but the new customers are also not required to create a new account. Here, the purchasing can be done even without the creation of accounts.
- The customers of Google Checkout can make use of credit cards and Debit cards for payment of goods and services. On the other hand, the customers of Paypal can make use of credit cards, debit cards, and even the balance in PayPal wallet for purchasing.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.