Honda and Hyundai are both companies that manufacture compact SUVs, midsize cars, subcompact SUVs, electric vehicles, and hybrid vehicles. All of these vehicles are highly in demand in the Indian market as well as globally.
The company’s base is yet different and known for its different features. Honda is more famous for its sporty looks of the cars while Hyundai is more famous for the low prices and warranties they offer.
- Honda Civic offers superior fuel efficiency and handling compared to Hyundai Elantra.
- Hyundai Elantra boasts a lower starting price and a longer warranty than Honda Civic.
- Both cars provide modern safety features, but Honda Civic has a slightly higher safety rating.
Honda Civic vs Hyundai Elantra
The Honda Civic is known for its reliability, fuel efficiency, and sporty styling, having a more aggressive and sporty look. The Hyundai Elantra is known for its value, spacious interior, impressive features, sleek and modern appearance, and more legroom for rear passengers.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The Honda company manufactures Honda Civic, and the respective model was released in the year 2006. The transmission of the respective car is Automatic (CVT), and the car’s fuel type is petrol.
The color variant offered by the company for the model is – radiant red, platinum white, golden brown, lunar silver, and modern steel.
The Hyundai company also manufactures Hyundai Elantra, and the model was released in the year 2014.
The transmission for the respective car is operated manually, and the fuel type is also like the Honda Civic and is of petrol.
The different colors variants offered in the model are – phantom black, polar white, fiery red, typhoon silver, and blue.
|Parameters of Comparison||Honda Civic||Hyundai Elantra|
|Manufactured By||Honda Company||Hyundai Company|
|Engine Capacity||1799 cc||1999 cc|
|Power||140 bhp||150 bhp|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||47||50|
|Color Variant||Golden brown, red, steel, white, silver||White, red, silver, blue, black|
What is Honda Civic?
Honda Civic is one of the models launched by the manufacturer Honda company. The model of the car was introduced in the market in the year 2006.
After that, there is an immense number of admirers of the car. The car has a total dimension of 4656 mm in length, 1799 mm in width, 1433 mm in height, and 2700 mm in wheelbase.
The capacity of the engine is about 1799 cc. The total mileage given by the car is approximately 16.5 Km/h, and the power is about 140 bhp.
The car’s boot space is 430 mm, and the capacity for the fuel tank lies up to 47 litres.
The model has up to 5 seating capacities for the passengers, 4 airbags, middle rear seatbelt for safety. Also, based on entertainment, the model has its in-dash music system with LCD, GPS navigation, 4 speakers, and many other things.
The overall price range of the car is more.
What is Hyundai Elantra?
Hyundai Elantra is also among one the models launched and loved by customers in the market.
The model was introduced in the year 2014, and recently the company is going to launch the new revived and revamped model in the year 2021.
The respective dimension of the model is 4620 mm in length, 1800 mm in width, 1465 mm in height, and 2700 mm in wheelbase.
The model’s engine capacity is 1999 cc, and the transmission of the model is Automatic (CVT). The approximate mileage of the model is about 15 Km/h, and the power is about 150 bhp.
The car’s boot space is 458 mm, and the complete capacity of the fuel tank is about 50 litres.
The different color variants offered by the company for the model are – blue, black, red, white, and silver.
The maximum seating capacity of the car is for up to 5 passengers, while for safety purposes, there are 6 airbags, seat belt warnings, emergency brake warnings, and others. The overall price range of the car is low.
Main Differences Between Honda Civic and Hyundai Elantra
- The model Civic is manufactured by the company Honda while comparatively, on another side the model Elantra is manufactured by the company Hyundai.
- The Honda Civic model was launched in 2006, while the model Hyundai Elantra was launched in the year 2014.
- The transmission of the model Honda Civic is manual while, on another side, the transmission of the model Hyundai Elantra is Automatic (CVT).
- The engine capacity of the model Civic lies up to 1799 cc while, another side, the engine capacity of the car Elantra is about 1999 cc.
- Honda Civic gives a mileage of about 16.5 Km/h, while the mileage given by the Hyundai Elantra is about 15 Km/h.
- The power of the Honda Civic is 140 bhp, while the power of the Hyundai Elantra is 150 bhp.
- The dimensions of the Honda Civic car are more, while the dimensions of the Hyundai Elantra are small.
- The boot space for the Civic models is about 430 mm, while for Hyundai Elantra, it is about 458 mm.
- The maximum fuel tank capacity for Civic is 47 L, while for the model Hyundai Elantra, the capacity is about 50 L.
- The different color variants of the Honda Civic are – steel, golden brown, red, white, and silver, while comparatively, the color variant of the Hyundai Elantra is – black, white, silver, red, and blue.
- The overall price range of the Honda Civic is more, while comparatively, on the other hand, the overall price range of the Hyundai Elantra is less.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.