The internal structure design, safety measures, cooling effect, exterior structure design, pricing, popularity, demand, entertainment features, climate control features, and other factors distinguish the two most popular models, Honda EX and LX.
- Honda EX models come with more advanced features, such as upgraded infotainment systems, sunroofs, and push-button start, while LX models offer basic features at a lower price point.
- EX trims typically have better fuel efficiency because they use the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), whereas LX trims may utilize a traditional automatic transmission.
- The EX trim level provides a more comfortable interior, including upgraded upholstery and additional convenience features, compared to the more modest LX interior.
Honda EX vs Honda LX
The Honda LX trim level is the base model, and as such, it comes with a more basic set of features and amenities compared to higher trim levels. Honda EX is a trim level designation used by Honda for several of its models. The “EX” trim level is a step up from the base model and offers additional features and options.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The Honda EX, also known as the Honda Accord EX, is a vehicle with a bespoke push start option. It also lacks a “remote engine” start feature.
Honda EX passengers can use Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in addition to some of the entertainment amenities offered by Honda EX, such as USB audio interface, LCD screen, and Bluetooth.
Honda EX is slightly more expensive than Honda LX, costing roughly $4K extra. The Honda LX has incorporated various new safety and entertainment features, such as a “remote engine” start option as well as a push start option.
Although the Honda Accord LX has entertainment amenities such as an LCD screen, USB audio interface, and Bluetooth, it does not include Android AutoTM or Apple CarPlay.
Honda LX is less expensive or less expensive than Honda EX, costing roughly $4K less.
|Parameters of Comparison||Honda EX||Honda LX|
|Start Option||Push-Start option.||“Remote engine” start option.|
|Entertainment Features Distinction||Provides Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.||Does not provide Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.|
|Safety Measures||Includes BSI, Cross-Traffic Monitor (CRM).||Does not include CRM, BSI.|
|Interior Design||Possess Heated Seats.||Does not possess Heated seats.|
|Climate Control Features||Power moonroof one-touch.||Dual-Zone Automation.|
What is Honda EX?
The Honda EX, also known as the Honda Accord EX, is a vehicle that is built with a bespoke push start option. It also lacks a start-up option for the “remote engine.”
Honda EX passengers may use Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in addition to some of the entertainment amenities offered by Honda EX, such as USB audio interface, LCD screen, and Bluetooth.
The Honda Accord EX has a Cross Traffic Monitor, and a BSI, or Blind Spot Information System, like all vehicles should have. The Honda EX is around $4K more expensive than the Honda LX.
The Honda EX has a Power Moonroof that allows for one-touch climate control.
The interior design of the Honda EX includes features like extra legroom and headroom for tall passengers, leather-wrapped steering wheels, and heated seats for colder climates and weather.
What is Honda LX?
A “remote engine” start option, as well as a push start option, have been incorporated into the Honda LX’s entertainment features.
The Honda Accord LX lacks some safety features that the Honda Accord EX has, such as a cross-traffic monitor and a blind spot information system.
Although the Honda Accord LX has entertainment features such as an LCD screen, USB audio interface, and Bluetooth, it lacks Android AutoTM and Apple CarPlay functionality. The Honda LX is around $4K less expensive than the Honda EX.
The Honda LX is noted for having nearly all interior design amenities, such as comfy seating and so on, but it lacks heated seats, which would be useful in the winter.
The Honda LX lacks a power moonroof, but it does include Dual-Zone Automation for climate control.
Main Differences Between Honda EX and LX
- Honda EX or Honda Accord EX is manufactured and has a customised push start option. Furthermore, it lacks a “remote engine” start option. On the other hand, Honda LX has inculcated some additional safety features with entertainment features like a “remote engine” start option with a push start option as well.
- Along with some entertainment features offered by Honda EX like, USB audio interface, LCD screen, Bluetooth, the passengers who own Honda EX are capable of using Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as well. On the other hand, Honda Accord LX does come with entertainment features such as an LCD screen, USB audio interface, Bluetooth, but it does not possess features of Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay™.
- As all vehicles should bind to their safety measures, Honda Accord EX is well equipped with Cross Traffic Monitor and BSI, the acronym for Blind Spot Information System. On the other hand, Honda Accord LX lacks some safety measures such as a cross-traffic monitor equipped with a Blind spot information system which is backed by Honda Accord EX.
- Honda EX offers some additional features in the interior design such as legroom and headroom for passengers of long height, steering wheels wrapped with leather and for colder climate and weather conditions, it also offers heated seats. On the other hand, Honda LX is known to offer almost all interior design features such as comfortable seating etc. but lacks heated seats that could give comfort in winter seasons.
- Honda EX is comparatively costlier than its counterpart, Honda LX, and costs around $4K more than LX. On the other hand, Honda LX is comparatively cheaper or less pricy than Honda EX and costs around $4K lesser than EX.
- Honda EX is capable of an additional feature for climate control with one-touch via Power Moonroof. On the other hand, Honda LX does not possess Power Moonroof. It possesses simple climatic control of Dual-Zone Automation.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.