Many people like to stay in the same hotel chain. It is, however, not the greatest strategy. Many people have more essential things to do than work as full-fledged travel hackers, managing different hotel and airline businesses.
In contrast, picking a hotel chain is more of an art than a science. Budget, a person’s travel preferences and patterns, and other considerations all impact which option is best for each individual from time to time.
Marriott and Hampton are two such popular hotel chains that are highly competitive in nature.
- Hampton is a mid-range hotel brand within the Hilton portfolio, while Marriott is a more upscale brand within the Marriott International family.
- Hampton focuses on providing essential amenities and services at a lower price, whereas Marriott offers more luxurious accommodations and services.
- Both hotel brands cater to different market segments, with Hampton targeting budget-conscious travelers and Marriott appealing to guests seeking higher-end experiences.
Hampton vs Marriott
Hampton by Hilton is a mid-priced hotel brand that is known for its focus on providing a comfortable and value-oriented stay. It offers standard amenities such as free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and fitness centres. Marriott is a global hospitality company that offers a wide range of hotel brands catering to various needs and price points. It offers a diverse range of accommodations, from budget-friendly to luxury hotels and resorts.
Hampton has almost 6,200 properties worldwide. It is necessary to have Silver status to receive the free fifth-night bonus. The Conversion of Hampton points to miles is impossible.
Hampton offers very little in the way of cash back to its clients. It does, however, offer 1% cash payback discounts to Honors members. Hilton gives fourteen points for every dollar spent when paying with a credit card.
Marriott has around 7,600 properties around the world. Marriott provides a complimentary fifth night. For earning miles, Marriott is a superior choice. At greater rates, the points can be converted.
Marriott offers 3 to 6% cashback on bookings made through platforms like Topcashback. When you pay with a credit card at Marriott, you’ll get six points for every dollar you spend.
|Parameters of Comparison||Hampton||Marriott|
|Number of Hotels||6,200+||7,600+|
|Value of points||0.4 to 0.5 cents||0.7 to 0.8 cents|
|Fifth night benefit||Silver status and above can enjoy.||Everyone can enjoy it.|
|Points to miles||Conversion of points to miles is done at a good rate.||Conversion of points to miles is not done.|
|Credit card points||14 points/dollar||6 points/dollar|
What is Hampton?
Hampton is a more stable, dependable application that requires less effort. Although Hampton awards cover any resort fees, the dynamic price of awards is a major drawback.
However, if you stick with Hampton and get the Aspire credit card (for the points and Diamond level), Hampton Honors are likely to be your best option for a “pick one and forget the rest” hotel chain.
Hampton is noted for having approximately 6,200 homes around the world. When you spend a dollar, Hampton will give you 10 points, which are worth 0.4 to 0.5 cents.
It is necessary to have Silver status to receive the free 5th-night bonus.
There is no way to convert Hampton points into miles. Hampton offers very little in the way of cashback to its consumers. Honours members, on the other hand, receive a 1% cash payback rebate.
Hilton offers fourteen points for every dollar spent when paying with a credit card.
What is Marriott?
Marriott is said to have over 7,600 locations around the world. Marriott offers its customers 10 base points for US dollars spent, which is equivalent to 0.7 to 0.8 cents. Marriott offers a complimentary fifth-night stay.
Earning miles with Marriott is a better choice.
As a Titanium or Platinum member of Marriott, one can get greater benefits. The further one travels from North America, the more likely he or she is to get upgraded to a suite.
The burn/earn ratio is often higher, and you have the added security of being able to convert your points to miles at a reasonable cost.
Higher conversion rates are available for the points.
If you book using a platform like Topcashback, Marriott will pay you a 3 to 6% cashback. When paying with a credit card, Marriott will give you six points for every dollar spent.
Main Differences Between Hampton and Marriott
- Hampton is known to have more than 6,200 properties all over the globe. On the other hand, Marriott is known to have around 7,600 properties worldwide.
- When one US dollar is spent, Hampton offers 10 points whose value is equivalent to 0.4 to 0.5 cents. On the other hand, by spending per US dollar, Marriott offers its customers 10 base points which are equal to the value of 0.7 to 0.8 cents.
- To avail of the 5th night benefit for free, it is mandatory to have the Silver status. On the other hand, Marriott offers free fifth-night benefits.
- Hampton points can not be converted into miles at all. On the other hand, Marriott is a better option for earning miles. The points can be converted at higher rates.
- Hampton barely gives its customers any type of cashback. However, to Honors members, it gives 1% cash cashback discounts. On the other hand, if the booking is made via platforms like Topcashback, then Marriott gives around 3 to 6% cashback.
- When paid via credit cards, Hilton offers fourteen points for every dollar spent. On the other hand, Marriott, when payment is made via credit cards, then it offers six points for every dollar spent.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.