MySQL and Oracle are the two most renowned relational databases that are used in small-scale and large-scale companies.
Table of Contents
Although Oracle Corporation supports both these databases, they surely differ a lot from each other in function.
Oracle is considered to be more powerful a software in comparison to MySQL.
Oracle vs MySQL
The difference between Oracle and MySQL is that MySQL is an open-source, cross-platform relational database management program birthed by a Swedish Company MYSQL AB and is for the time being credited by the Oracle. Oracle, on the other hand, is a relational database system (RDBMS) which implements object-oriented characteristics.
Oracle allows the user to stack and reclaim information quickly and securely. Unlike MySQL, Oracle can manage a huge amount of data with flexibility.
Oracle is a relation-based database system that gives access to self-driving, self-securing, self-repairing, and designed in a way to eliminate prone to error manual database system.
Oracle can be called a cross-web database mechanism that can be easily operated on various operating systems.
MySQL is the most famous database management machinery used for managing the relational database.
It is programmed to be an open-source database software, which is backed by the Oracle Company.
It is smooth in function, can be scaled, and easy to use database management system in comparison to Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database.
|Parameters of Comparison||Oracle||MySQL|
|System type||It can function smoothly with static and dynamic systems.||It can only function with static system.|
|Null Value||Oracle does not support null value system.||MySQL supports null value system.|
|Storage space||Oracle is known to harbour many few storage features like tablespace, synonym, packages and many others||MySQL is known to harbour only a few storage features like tablespace, synonym and packages.|
|Data partitioning||Supports partitioning of data for feasibility.||Does not support partitioning of data.|
What is Oracle Database System?
Oracle is known as a relational database system that is adjusted and designed to self-driving, self-securing, self-repairing, and formulated in a way to eliminate the old-style error-prone manual database system.
Oracle is that cross-platform database system which can be easily operated on various operating systems.
The mechanism allows us to save and retrieve data quickly and securely.
Some notable features of Oracle database system are:
- Oracle database is called a cross-platform because it can function smoothly on any operating system, such as Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
- Oracle supports a logical database framework that allows us to communicate with the database without being aware of the physical storage of our data.
- It is designed to be easily scaled, is portable, distributable, and can be programmed as per your choice.
- It can manage a huge amount of data easily.
- It supports ACID property that allows the user to maintain the legitimacy and reliability of our data.
- Oracle has a well-built networking web that enable the user to communicate with applications across the various websites with oracle database, smoothly.
What is MySQL Database System?
MySQL is the most renowned database management software used for managing the relational database.
The software is open-source database software, which is supported by the Oracle Company.
It is really flexible in function, scalable, and easy to use database management system in comparison to Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database.
The software is commonly used with PHP scripts for formulating a powerful and versatile server-side or web-based enterprise applications for flexible use.
Some notable features of MySQL database system are:
- MySQL is a relational database management system and is found to be highly user-friendly. Here you can build and communicate with MySQL by using a few mere basic SQL statements.
- It is secure and safe to use because passwords are encrypted in MySQL.
- It adheres to a client /server architecture.
- It is free and open-source.
- It is scalable.
- Transactions can be rolled back, committed, and crash recovery.
- It gives the user high performance, efficient flexibility, and maximum productivity.
Main Differences Between Oracle and MySQL
- While MySQL is an open-source database management software used for managing the relational database, Oracle on the other hand, is a relational database system (RDBMS) which implements object-oriented characteristics.
- It allows the user to store and reclaim information quickly and securely. Unlike MySQL, Oracle can manage a huge amount of data.
- Oracle software does not support null value system while MySQL supports null value system.
- Oracle supports data partition for sorting out information whereas MySQL does not support data partition.
- Oracle can function smoothly with static or dynamic systems whereas MySQL can only function with static system.
- Oracle was founded in 1980 while MySQL was founded in 1995.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️