Types of communications have evolved. The methods of communication earlier were slow and not reliable, but it has changed with the new revolutionized improved methods. Now, it has not restricted to only Government agencies, but also private companies have come to the field to provide delivery of mails, packages, money orders from one place to another.
Courier vs Regular Mail
The difference between Courier and Regular Mail is that Courier provides all the necessary services such as – delivery of packages, mail, money orders, etc. and is mainly provided by the private companies while the Regular mail offers the service of delivering letters and is sent by the public postal services.
Courier services are mainly provided by private companies and have very strong competition within the market. They include pick-up and delivery options from door to door nationally or internationally as it is more convenient for the sender and the receiver. The cost of the package or mails or letter depends on the weight and also varies with the different companies.
Regular Mail offers the service of delivery of mails and letters. These are sent by the public postal services. The cost for the sent package is fixed, and the efficiency of these postal services is very slow. The main disadvantage of these Courier service is that people have to wait in the long queue for the shipment and it is also not necessary that the mail is delivered to your doorstep or it has to be picked up by yourself.
Comparison Table Between Courier and Regular Mail
|Parameters of Comparison||Courier||Regular Mail|
|Cost||The cost of the courier service is flexible and varies with the companies.||The cost of the regular mail is that it is fixed.|
|Efficiency||Courier service is more efficient.||Regular Mail is less efficient.|
|Speed||The speed of the courier service is fast.||The speed of the Regular Mail is slow.|
|Time Taken||Courier takes less time to be delivered.||Regular Mail takes more time to deliver.|
|Reliable||It is more reliable.||It is less reliable.|
|Service||Across globally.||Within the same country only.|
|Packing||It is done properly and safely.||The person posting the mail is supposed to pack the product.|
What is Courier?
The Courier services contain letters, mails, packages, etc., which are sent with the help of private postal companies. These services were introduced back ago and are more reliable as compared to the Regular Mail.
The orders posted by the customers are flexible on the verge of cost as they depend on the size and weight of the parcel to be sent. Also, the customers don’t have to wait in the queue for hours to post their parcels. As there are various courier companies present in the market, one can go for a low price.
The facilities provided by these companies are different and gives you a feature of live tracking of their shipment. The shipment can be made globally and is quick along with safety measures.
Also, the packages to be shipped are handled with utmost care and fragility; therefore, they are packed professionally by the company so as to deliver the safe product to the customer doorstep.
What is Regular Mail?
The Regular Mail service is quite old and mainly consists of letters, emails, cards, etc. These services are provided by the public postal service called the Post Offices, governed by the Government of India.
They have many restrictions in their services as they only allow the shipment of letters, cards, emails and not any large or big size parcel. These letters are posted using postage stamps, while if any bulk products are sent, they use a postage meter.
The service of these institutions is less reliable and efficient. They generally require pin codes for the making delivery. The customer has to wait in a very long queue in order to get their parcel posted.
Nowadays, regular mail services are mainly used to send some official government letters, cards, etc., as they are not restricted to be sent in a given time limit.
Main Differences Between Courier and Regular Mail
- The cost of the Courier services depends on the weight of the package and thus is flexible, whereas the cost for the Regular mail is fixed or fewer and doesn’t depend on many factors.
- There is no doubt on the efficiency of the services provided by the Courier companies while the efficiency of the regular mail is less efficient.
- The speed of the courier service is faster, unlike with the regular mail service, which is quite slow.
- Courier services take less time to deliver its packages so as to compete with other companies they try to provide their best customer services while the regular mail takes indefinite time to deliver the packages or mails.
- Saying about reliability Courier service won this part as it is more reliable as compared to that of the Regular Mail which is not.
- To compete with other companies in the market, Courier companies provide their services of shipment globally, while for the Regular Mail, there is a restriction of the shipment, which is only done within the same resident country.
- The packaging is done before the delivery of the package in order to keep it safe. Thus, Courier companies do it by themselves while on the other hand, while sending anything via Regular Mail, it is the same person’s responsibility to pack it efficiently.
Unlike earlier days now the service of delivering mails, money orders, parcels, letters, packages, etc. has become easy and more reliable. In earlier times, pigeons were used to send mails. After many decades postal services started which help in sending letters, emails, money from one place to another, and now, there are courier services that provide quick and very reliable service.
Courier companies offer many services to their customers in order to increase their customer count. They provide global shipment. Although the prices may be high for the courier service, it is more efficient and helps you to deliver door to door with all safety measures.
In contrast, the service of regular mail is not reliable. As it is time-consuming, slow rate of delivery, less efficient, and is restricted in sending parcels within the country only.
Table of Contents