Nowadays, Internet gaming has been increased at a pace. Everyone is now crazy about online video games, sometimes gamers eventually use their gaming skills to be flourish and be praised by everyone; therefore they stream while playing it online on different platforms.
Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is a popular battlefield game played online. Although they may have some similarities but still differ in many ways.
Fortnite vs PubG
The difference between Fortnite and PubG is that both the games are available on mobile phones but still they are entirely different from each other. Where Fortnite is the same along all of its versions while PubG has its Mobile arcade version different from its other version.
PubG is a multiplayer battle royale game. Full form of PubG stands for – PlayerUnknown’s Battleground. It was developed by a South Korean video game company naming “Bluehole”.
|Parameters of Comparison||Fortnite||PubG|
|Graphics||The graphics of the game is a bit cartoonish and cannot be compared to reality.||The graphics of the game is based on real military world. They ensure to be more realistic in the game.|
|Gameplay||It allows you to strategize while playing the game.||It does not allow you to strategize and act while playing during the game.|
|Availability||Available on every platform – Windows, iOS, Android, Xbox, PlayStation. The version of the game is same on all its platform.||It is available on PC, Android, iOS, Xbox, PlayStation. The version differs on various platforms. PubG has its mobile arcade mode.|
|Number of Maps||It has only one map.||It has four maps that are based on real life. These are – Erangel, Vikendi, Miramar, Sanhok.|
|Crossplay||It allows its player to Crossplay on different platforms.||It does not allow its players for Crossplay.|
What is Fortnite?
It is an online video game. The game was released in 2017. The game was based on survival, sandbox, battlegrounds.
Fortnite: Save the World – The game is based on saving the Earth from a huge storm that has occurred. In the game, 98% of the earth’s population has vanished and only some of them are survived.
This game is only for four players and was released in 2017. It is available only on Windows, Xbox One, macOS, PlayStation 4.
Fortnite: Battle Royale – The story of the game is that the players are airdrop in “battle bus”. The players must have some weapons, resources, vehicles.
The game was released in 2017 and can be played by 100 players at once. It was released on every platform along with Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android.
Fortnite Creative – It is similar to Minecraft, and is a sandbox game allowing the players to have complete freedom on the island and create games within it like – racecourses, battlefields, etc. The game was released in 2018.
What is PubG?
The full form of PubG is “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PubG)”. It is a multiplayer online video game available on Windows, Android, iOS, Xbox One, etc.
The plot of the game is that the players are landed up on an island and are allowed to search for weapons and kill the other players to save themselves. With the increase in time, the safe map area is shrunk down, and players encounter more players and have to eliminate them saving themselves up.
After the immediate release, PubG gained popularity and was the most played online game. Making it the highest sold copies of around 70 million for personal computers and game consoles.
Main Differences Between Fortnite and PubG
- The graphics of the Fortnite game is highly different from that of the PubG, Fortnite provides you a reel cartoonish world whereas, PubG is completely based on the military real world. The guns, parachutes, etc are very similar to those in the real world.
- Fortnite has a single map in which they bring new changes and update within it while PubG has four different maps named – Miramar, Erangel, Vikendi, and Sanhok.
- Fortnite is available on various platforms like PubG. Although, Fortnite has the same version on every platform while PubG has different versions for the same.
- Fortnite allows you to play with your friends on different platforms at the same time which is called Crossplay, unlike PubG it only allows you to play with your friends on the same platform.
- Both the games are based on battlegrounds therefore, weapons and cosmetics are also required. Fortnite distinguishes its weapons with different color codes for common, uncommon, rare, etc while PubG does not allow that.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
I am Sandeep Bhandari; I have 20 years of experience in the technology field. I have various technical skills and knowledge in database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about me on my bio page.